Do Superbits have better picture quality?

D-Rex

Marginally better video, its really the audio side (dts) that superbit DVD's excel at. Best Buy has been pushing all their Superbits DVD out at $10, so get them while you can. Its really kinda stupid that you have Spiderman 2 superbit that has great audio, but no extras like the normal wide screen DVD which consists of two disks.

Marginally better video, its really the audio side (dts) that superbit DVD's excel at. Best Buy has been pushing all their Superbits DVD out at $10, so get them while you can. Its really kinda stupid that you have Spiderman 2 superbit that has great audio, but no extras like the normal wide screen DVD which consists of two disks.

So, if a regular DVD has the DTS audio then there is really no reason for them to release a Superbit version of that DVD? The video is still 480p on the Superbits? I bought alot of those Superbits when Best Buy began selling them for $10 earlier this season. I assumed that was over but I will check it out to see if there are any others I would like to own.

Thanks,

D

The video on some Superbits is too dark on a properly calibrated display. If your DVD player has the appropriate adjustments, you can compensate. THX certified DVDs give me better luck for video quality.

I agree that Superbits are best for their DTS sound tracks. Many Superbits default to the DTS sound tracks. The DTS track has a much wider dynamic range that I prefer as long as I can crank the volume a bit.

Bill

If you're into details, Superbits have better video quality. It's

a higher bitrate of MPEG2 compression (sometimes by a factor of

30%). This results in less artifacting, and less smeary edge

enhancement. I find that they always look noticeably better, but

I have a big screen...you'd be hard pressed to see it on anything

smaller than 40".

So, if a regular DVD has the DTS audio then there is really no reason for them to release a Superbit version of that DVD? The video is still 480p on the Superbits? I bought alot of those Superbits when Best Buy began selling them for $10 earlier this season. I assumed that was over but I will check it out to see if there are any others I would like to own.

Thanks,

D

I was still able tp find superbit titles for $10 in the racks at various BB's. Online it doesn't show this.