Anybody eat these?

dtel's wife

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Please make the photos smaller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those Rocky mountian oysters? Yep, ate em.

If you allow the thread to load all the way before reading the pics will be the right size, our computer does the same thing.

If a mountain oyster is what I have been told it is no self respecting coonass would eat a mountain oyster. These are true blue Gulf of Mexico oysters, fresh off the boat.

quote user=dtel's wife

If you allow the thread to load all the way before reading the pics will be the right size, our computer does the same thing.

If a mountain oyster is what I have been told it is no self respecting coonass would eat a mountain oyster. These are true blue Gulf of Mexico oysters, fresh off the boat.

The problem is that with Dial up internet service, waiting for the pictures to load can take several minutes each! The display will be adjusted after the pictures load but it takes a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG time to load in the first place.

• Moderators

After Katrina and Rita are you sure it's ok to be eating them ?

Some of the oyster beds, but not many have been declared safe. In any event, we try to refrain from eating them raw, only fried.

Even before the storms, fully cooking oysters was the recommendation.

• Moderators

quote user=dtel's wife

The problem is that with Dial up internet service, waiting for the pictures to load can take several minutes each! The display will be adjusted after the pictures load but it takes a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG time to load in the first place.

I apologize, I have asked Amy for advice on resizing on my end. I forgot what dial up was like. We upgraded to wireless about a month ago and dial up didn't even cross my mind. I am so sorry, I will try to resize before posting from now on.

We added wireless through our telephone company and it is so much nicer. You might want to check into upgrading, the price is nominal compared to the aggravation of dial up. We were provided a modem at no charge. We have four computers all running the internet at the same time, in different rooms. One desktop and three laptops. We did have to get technical help from the service provider while installing, which was given at no charge.