Question about Synergy Sub-12

ApEx

Tomorrow im going to my local Best Buy to pickup the Sub-12. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7039527&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03045&id=1099395911174

Before I bought it though I was wondering if anyone has purcahsed this sub and placed it in a room around the size of 22x12. This is how big the room im going to putting it in. If anyone has do you think you can tell me how it sounds.

I to just bought this whole system, Synergy sub 12/ C-3/ S-3/ F-3.

bought from Best buy unfortanatly all I carried out was my sub they were out of everything had to order, all wil be here in a few days though can't wait.

As for the sub... love it! and I am getting Denon 3805 also.

ApEx......on the receiver i have the F-3's set to large. the sub is set to +Main. Sub volume at 0..crossover at 80 hz.

on the sub i have the gain at about 10 o'clock..the phase is set to 180.....you may want to adjust these for your particular situation and room.

ideally when the sub is playing music you should hardly notice it is there. but if you turn it off it will sound as if the bottom dropped out and something is missing. you shouldn't notice it on but will definitely notice if it isn't. (does that make sense?)

for the phase play some bass heavy music (i used afroman), then while you are sitting in your normal spot have someone else flick the phase switch. when its in phase you will hear more bass than when its not.

hope this helps....enjoy

Reochamp.....i'm not sure about tax . i bought the F-3's months before the rest on sale for about $404 then the next day on their web site i saw that they had dropped the price again. printed it and took it to the local BB and they gave me a card for the difference plus 10 percent. darn near 100 bucks if i remember correctly. (i don't think they were supposed to do the 10 percent on their own price but she did)

then i bought the center and surrounds. i paid something like $313 for the C-3, $427 for the S-3's.. again on sale.

i just recently got the sub. it was on sale for $484 and i got a free $50 gift card with the purchase. (still watching the web site to see if it goes on sale for less)

i also had to wait for my F-3's .......they only had 1 in stock[8-)][*-)]..so i waited for both to come via UPS.

i ordered the C-3 and S-3's from BB on line as our local didn't stock them.[:^)]

believe it or not they actually had the sub[:D]

oh yeh....they say delivery is about a week but in both instances i was happy to see them arrive in less than 3 days. you'll be enjoying them before you know it.

UPS beat up the F-3 boxes really bad (must have been to heavy for them), even had holes the size of my fist in them, but Klipsch's packaging saved the speakers. they were spotless

the C-3 and S-3 that UPS delivered had no signs of mishandling.

ApEx...... i just noticed in your signature you have the F-2's ( 6-1/2" Woofer)

and S-2 (5-1/4") not the F-3 and S-3.... . im not sure how low the F-2's go. you might want to try them at small and see how you like it. also try with sub at norm instead of +main.

have someone switch the phase for you.

I'm still waiting on my denon 3805, I will be getting it from Listenup.com they have them on sale for $800+free shipping & are listed on Denons authorized sellers list.

If you know where I can get it cheaper please let me know.

Strutter...How does the F3's sound? I am like a little kid in a candy store when I go to BB or HFB I can't wait to receive my setup, please give me a reveiw since we both have the same system...

Reochamp,

I was at my local electronics store and thought I remembered him quoting me $699 for the 3805. I could be mistaken, I suppose it could have been $799. And, even if it was $699, it would cost $55 in tax and another $20 to ship so I wouldn't be able to save you much.

Take care,

D

Reochamp.

i like them a lot. i didnt have the oportunity to try out the reference series. at BB synergy were the best they had (bought mine with gift cards). my privious speakers were denons before that technics and before that sherwood. these definately are better than all of them. they can be kind of bright because of the horns but i like the sound. adding the sub-12 seemed to have tamed them a little or i got used to them. i mostly listen to heavy metal but like all types of music. when i first got them i was amazed at all the small things i could hear that i didnt know were there before. like fingers on the frets or lips smacking on a solo singer.

I have this set of speakers as well. The f-3's c-3's s-3's and the 12 inch sub. Paid 1032.00 and was shipped to my house free shippings. :) I work for best buy though and klipsch has a great accomidation for us thats how I got such a deal

I'm planning on getting the yamaha 5990 for mine as I can get it for 600 Im mainly looking at it because of the hdmi inputs.

I recently upgraded my system to a all Klipsch as well. Got the following at Best Buy:

F2 main speakers

C1 center channel

S2 surround speakers

Sub12 subwoofer

Using a Onkyo TX-SR503 receiver and Acoustic Research 16 gauge speaker wiring. Sounds so much better than my older system. Though the total was a little higher than I originally planned to spend.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it really necessary to brag about a discount? I know I felt awesome about a new 06' bike i bought for 600, but I felt like crap and regretted the purchase after my friend told me he got it for about 370. The discount is awesome, but it is against Best Buy policy to disclose the price employees pay.

I also have the Sub-12 aswel as the SF-3's (which by the way I got the last pair at best buy for just $200 because it was discontinued.) ILet me just say that it has been the best sub I have heard in most of the audio stores I have been to. At 24 Hz it's awsome! I have a question though, I don't quite know how to set my sub to match my SF-3's or how to set the phase level. I know I sound like a newbee, but this is my first sub, so get off my back! Any help would be appreciated.