RF 7's

aussiemark

[:D]In 2 weeks I will have a pair of RF 7's delivered .It is my first experience into the wonderful world of Klipsch and as such I have 2 questions please.I own a Denon AVC A11sr [ equivilant to AVR 4802 I believe].Will that be OK with the 7's for music?Also would Kimber Kable 4tc be suitable for the 7's or is there more revealing cable out there for 50 Aussie dollars a metre??The thought of hearing Zep,Tull,Hendrix,TheWho, Nektar,Budgie etc at realistic SPL's have me at 46 years of age happily entering my 2nd term of adolesence!!!.Any advice would be warmly appreciated as I really want to get the most out of my 7's and fully enjoy the Klipsch experience.Thanks.

Toshiba sdk 350 DVD player

Denon AVC A11 SR Amp

Velodyne HGS 18 Sub

Don't waste your money on expensive cables. Your amp and DVD/CD player will make a million times more difference in your sound quality.

The best thing you can do for sound is make sure the speaker placement is done correctly. Follow the suggestions in the manual but feel free to experiment as well.

Well if you are suggesting not to waste money on speaker cable I would be looking for a DVD player and a CD player.Something to put a little sparkle into the music.Does anyone out there in Klipsch land have any recommendations for either component with a view of not purchasing a weak link.Also is it feasable to add on a power amp [ Rotel maybe } and put it through the Denon.Could that work??Any advice is appreciated Thanks

I don't know which Toshiba DVD player your is, but the Denon, if the same as the 4802 should have some decent Burr Brown DAC's in it. Run the digital out from the Toshiba into the Denon. Your receiver shoudl also have plenty of power (like 150 wpc).

If you want to know how not to go about your experience, please read a recent thread entitled "I bought Klipschorns". The moral of the story is to just listen for a while to decide what you like and do not like.

If you decide that there is something missing, Dean G, a forum member builds some very nice crossovers for RF7's. That is probably the place to start.

Chris

EDIT - Keep your subwoofer, you'll use it.

Here's how to "break in" a speaker...

Always upon the first time powering them up, you want to

gradually turn up the volume just to make sure everything is aligned

correctly. Sometimes VC's become misaligned or unseated or watever and

it's far cheaper to fix these problems if you don't throw a VC across

the room.

So once you establish full working order, go to the volume knob and turn it up till your ears bleed [H]

If you're going to run karaoke through the RF-7's then just be careful

about it...the woofers/tweeter weren't built to be as fail proof as a

typical PA speaker, so things like pops and feedback could quickly

cause damage.

I know it's prob too late, but I probably would have gone with a

heritage line speaker if karaoke was going to be part of the system

(the heritage line is built like PA cabinets).