new heritage HT?????when???

ken kaz

What is the deal at Klipsch? Do they not care about people who like heritage speakers in HT? do they just think that heritage people listen to two chanel audio with our reel to reel decks, smoke pipes and have smoking jackets in our shag carpet basements?

come on....they just introduce like 20 new speakers. all of 3 of them are heritage...only 2 of which are new.....come on now.

make an academy II, update the corwalls and make a king kong sub with two powered 15s that sonically match the corn wall..i mean all us heritage guys are half deaf. we need loud speakers with no distortion to make up for the dammage that your speakers did to us for the past 20 years.

COME ON NOW>.......SPEND SOME DEVELOPMENT DOLLARS ON THE FOLKS THAT MADE YOU A COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!IF IT WASNT FOR US BUYING YOUR STUFF IN THE 80s YOU WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY TO RELEASE 5 NEW "REFERENCE" SPEAKERS>.......COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!

What is the deal at Klipsch? Do they not care about people who like heritage speakers in HT? do they just think that heritage people listen to two chanel audio with our reel to reel decks, smoke pipes and have smoking jackets in our shag carpet basements?

come on....they just introduce like 20 new speakers. all of 3 of them are heritage...only 2 of which are new.....come on now.

make an academy II, update the corwalls and make a king kong sub with two powered 15s that sonically match the corn wall..i mean all us heritage guys are half deaf. we need loud speakers with no distortion to make up for the dammage that your speakers did to us for the past 20 years.

COME ON NOW>.......SPEND SOME DEVELOPMENT DOLLARS ON THE FOLKS THAT MADE YOU A COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!IF IT WASNT FOR US BUYING YOUR STUFF IN THE 80s YOU WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY TO RELEASE 5 NEW "REFERENCE" SPEAKERS>.......COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!

You should check your facts before you make your accusations. First they are releasing a new CW it is the CW III, they updated the Heresy into the Heresy III. They upgraded the La Scala cabinet to reduce resonance and improve the bass presence in its range. The THX Ultra II subs are a perfect match for the Heritage stuff. The Academy was at best an extended Heritage. Klipsch just spent a but load in re-developing, updating and promoting the updated Heritage line up. Fact is the Hereitage stuff does not sell as well. Look I am a true blue Heritage guy but you are way off base on this one. Do some research first.

i bet a dollar that their development budget for heritage over the past 5 years is less than 5% the total budget.

CWIII is not officall yet. check the facts. the la scalla and heresy are great additions. two (the klipsch horn is new skin) new speakers for us in what.......10 years? how many "modern" speakers have they made in the same time 100? you do your research.

i just spent 3 grand on subs. the thx subs are not a perfect match. not even close.

kaz

"do they just think that heritage people listen to two chanel audio with

our reel to reel decks, smoke pipes and have smoking jackets in our

shag carpet basements?"

yeah, that's me to a T, but replace the reel-reel w/ cassette deck. LOL - not really.

"First they are releasing a new CW it is the CW III"

hold the phone! a new Cornwall? man, I have been gone too

long. I just so happen to be in the market for a single corn

to use as center, & I bet I could get them to sell a single.

where's the info? nevermind, I'll google.

thanks!

i bet a dollar that their development budget for

heritage over the past 5 years is less than 5% the total budget.

CWIII

is not officall yet. check the facts. the la scalla and heresy are

great additions. two (the klipsch horn is new skin) new speakers for us

in what.......10 years? how many "modern" speakers have they made in

the same time 100? you do your research.

i just spent 3 grand on subs. the thx subs are not a perfect match. not even close.

kaz

[*-)] [^o)] [:^)]

Yes, there is a new Cornwall III. It was shown at CES and is in the price sheets. We are taking orders for them. Has updated crossover, mid/tweet, etc. Cabinet looks the same on the outside, but is heavier braced and has different driver locations. Did they make a Vertical version? Nope...you don't get THAT lucky!

As for a sub that matches big Heritage...Ultra 2's go a pretty fair job but they are almost too clean. Problem is, big Heritage has huge midbass punch up the Wazoo so you need to find a sub that has that in the lower end with extension down below 20hz. Only sub I know that has the extreme extension and Uber punch that will not only keep up with, but surpass Heritage (yes, including K-Horns) is the Danley DTS20 tapped horn sub. I sell it (runs $3K) and used one with a set of twin bass bin pro LaScalas. The LaScalas could barely keep up. Response down to 12hz, 125 db output at 20. Nothing else comes close unless you are willing to cut your walls/ceiling open and do an IB design.

SB, so it's on pre-order? will you do a single, as for a center? when is it due out?

I don't understand - the Cornwall IS a verticle speaker. are the III bookshelf? ;-)

you must mean that it doesn't come w/ inverted horns (?)

my brother went there to Western & he & rest of the family are in Seattle. be a good reason to stop up there.

A vertical Cornwall is one where the horn is sitting vertically when the speaker itself is sitting upright like normal. But when you tip the cabinet on its side the horn is then horizontal, making it ideal as a center channel since the horizontal placement of the horn will be the same as the front mains.

CWIII is not officall yet. check the facts.

kaz

Hmmm this must be a ruse then

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/652139/ShowPost.aspx

IMO the THX Ultra II's are an exceptional match to a Heritage HT. When they set them up in Indy last summer with 3 LS and 2 BK it was absolutely awesome. Not just my opine, ask anyone who was there.

the thx subs are not a perfect match. not even close.

kaz

I've heard the THX Ultra 2 in a few Heritage HT's and they sound great.

Not sure why yours don't sound close. I would bet it is a

processor problem, not a speaker performance problem. The THX

ultra 2 is probably the most accurate subs on the market making them a

great match with Heritage. They sound better than my dual SVS

ultra +'s.

A H3, CW3 and LAS2 is a much better center than an Academy. In

fact the latest THX specs call for three of the same speakers in the

front. Why would you ever want to throw in a whimpy academy when

there is much better choises.

JM

CWIII is not officall yet. check the facts.

kaz

IMO the THX Ultra II's are an exceptional match to a Heritage HT.

Wow, I've actually been waiting for someone to say this!

I'm looking at the KS-525's for surrounds with Klipschorn/Belle across the front array. The dipoles would work great for my room but I'm hearing "mismatch" from pundits. I can't help but believe that the THX line and the Heritage lineage can't be "too far" apart.

Confirmations?

SB, so it's on pre-order? will you do a single, as for a center? when is it due out?

I don't understand - the Cornwall IS a verticle speaker. are the III bookshelf? ;-)

you must mean that it doesn't come w/ inverted horns (?)

my brother went there to Western & he & rest of the family are in Seattle. be a good reason to stop up there.

PM Sent!

At the last Pilgrimage in Indy, we heard a killer Heritage HT composed of five Lascalas and the THX Ultra 2 sub.

Three of the new Cornwalls and two of the new Heresys in the rear, along with the THX Ultra 2 sub would also be a fantastic "new" Heritage HT setup.

So I guess "when" is now.

"

A H3, CW3 and LAS2 is a much better center than an Academy. In

fact the latest THX specs call for three of the same speakers in the

front. Why would you ever want to throw in a whimpy academy when

there is much better choises."

J, great to see you again. (see above) I'd have to mount(?)

a 100lb speaker on a wood frame wall to do a center Corn, either

vertically or horizontally. guess I'd have to use the studs, LOL.

iow, those huge speaks - I can't put on the floor, & no I'm not getting a new stand & it's an LCD-Like TV. :-)

I have '84 Cornwall I.5 (fronts). everything I've read says the

Academy is THE match for a cornwall as far as a center you can actually

mount on top of an LCD-Like TV. only problem is - I've

never heard an Academy. just read. looks like at 96db

it's not too far off from MY corns 98db. [:|]