Who likes Alice In Chains..???

rockbobmel

Yeah, one of my favorite bands of all time! If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be dirt, but all their stuff is great.

A funny story is, I saw them with the Clash of the Titans Tour (Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and ...Alice in Chains???) at the Red Rocks Ampitheater in Colorado. They got booed and had a lot of stuff thrown at them. They were still fairly new, although they were on MTV with Man in the Box, and Let's just say, the crowd wasn't quite right for them. Everybody was all "Slay-ER, Slay-ER" so Alice In Chains didn't exactly get a warm welcome. Anyway, they took it in stride, and Layne Staley crouched down, ducked a lot, and just flipped off the crowd, and they finished the whole set. Pretty cool. I've been a fan pretty much ever since.

R.I.P. Layne.

Unplugged DVD? From MTV years back? I remember watching that. Such great vocals.

Is that it Sunburn? I may have to get that. I'm surprised they aren't being re-run.

Yes meagain thats it ! I never saw it when it was on MTV , but I have loved the CD since it came out . Was that like 96 or 97 ? Anyway it is definitely worth looking for !!!

I think they were the best of the so called Grunge bands, but I also think they started losing the edge that made them better on their later works. By "Jar Of Flies" (1994) and "Alice in Chains" (1995) I had pretty much lost interest in them, although I do like the Unplugged album from 1996. Dirt was my favorite of their CD's.

Back in the early 90's, the gym I used to work out in CRANKED Alice in Chains' Dirt and Metallica's Black album. I'll bet that's all they played for two years. I did end up liking AIC a lot. I really like the song "Again" which was off of Alice in Chains titled album I think.

That Layne Staley guy had a pretty messed up last few years of his life from what I recall.

toddvj

I saw them with the clash of the titans tour also. I liked them and the next day I bought facelift. About 2 or 3 weeks later they came back by themselves and played a local place. General admission, small club about 100 people at most. Hell, I even took pictures. Great show.

I can't remember is my favorite.