Amp for my Forte II's ?

hach13

Almost picked up a H/K730 but hesitated as the one on e-bay had a few scuffs on the glass face plate.

Recently have been checking out Sansui AU-717 Amps. These appear to have very cleanTDH [.025]with 85W per channel. Looks like they could be picked up for around $350. That's about my max price range at this point. Is the extra couple hundred spent on the Sansui a good value as compared to the H/K730?

Looking for some advice. Open to other suggestions

Thanks

Randy

• Moderators

Congratulations on newly purchased Forte II's. I hope some of our members will give you some suggestions on which way to go.

If I read your profile correctly you have been a member for over a year. Looks like you have been doing your homework.

Let us know more about your speakers and what kind of deal you got, unless I missed that info in another thread.

Congratulations you are an official Klipsch speaker owner. Enjoy.

Rotel RB-9xx series work great with Forte IIs. I WOULD stick with the 9xx series or later. $350 should be very doable for an amp with plenty of life left. (I purchased a used RB-985 - 5 channel 100w/ch, for $500 about 5 years ago and it is still going strong). The 9xx series pre-amps are also very solid - especially if you are only worried about 2 channel. Enjoy...

Randy,

I would recommend that you go with the Audio Refinement Complete (SS integrated). The non-alpha version is between $350-400 and the alpha version is between $400-475. Either one will be great but the alpha version is worth the little extra. It's 50w per/ch but they perform more like 75-100w per/ch. Look it up and read the reviews, amazing. I was either going to get the alpha version but found a deal I couldn't pass up on a Plinius 8100. I definitely would have been happy with the ARC too.

Good luck,

Mike