What to do for fun in Hope?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

No fair, ya'll "Googled" to get the answer. That's cheating.

My daughter and I were reading Daddy Dee's "suggestions" for fun. She turned around and asked quietly in an almost embarrassed tone, "Mom what's frog giggin"?

All I could do was laugh and tell her to ask Dee.[;)]

Hi Dtel's daughter,

Frog gigging is the only one of those three

options that is a "real" activity. Do not EVER accept an invitation to go snipe hunting. Snipe Hunting and Cow tipping are

just what someone does to have some fun at the expense of the naive

person who agrees to go snipe hunting or cow tipping. For example, the

person doing the snipe hunting just ends up looking silly, but they

have been looking silly for some time before they realize the joke is

on them.

Frog gigging, on the other hand, is a genuine hunting

activity that can put a tasty treat of fried frog legs on the dinner

table.

In classic frog gigging, you go out at night with a

flashlight and frog gig. Doing this from a boat is a good idea and it

helps avoid other nocturnal acquatic animals like snakes. The gig is

usually a three prong sharp pointy thing that looks sort of like a

small pitchfork, about the size of your hand. anyway, this is attached

to a long pole and is used to spear the bullfrogs. One person shines

the light to identify the location of the frogs whose eyes reflect the

light. The second person "gigs" the frog and put's it in the ice chest.

It's all kind of a heartless and violent activity around a pond or

creek or swamp bank.

So, have you ever tasted frog legs?

Scream when you see the frogs? Well, the frogs are actually cute and the bullfrogs are amazingly big.... pretty cool really.

It is nice that Dtel's mother will be thinking of the frogs in a kind way, and perhaps hoping that they will get away safely.

Wait please tell me frogs are not being hurt by thing activity are they?

Na , frogs don't mind being speared by a trident , and then having their legs removed to be fried up for somebodys snack ... Umm , tastes like chicken ...

Not Kermit too!!!!? Miss Piggy will throw a fit if little cute kermit is confined to a wheelchair! Those cruel @%^&%^$#%$!!

Wait please tell me frogs are not being hurt by thing activity are they?

Na , frogs don't mind being speared by a trident , and then having their legs removed to be fried up for somebodys snack ... Umm , tastes like chicken ...

Not Kermit too!!!!? Miss Piggy will throw a fit if little cute kermit is confined to a wheelchair! Those cruel @%^&%^$#%$!!

What remains of Kermit will be sleeping with the fishes . As for Miss Piggy , I've got a smoker out back with her name on it ...

good greif, [:o] dtel, dtel's wife, dtel's daughter, dtel's future son-in-law, OMG how many dtel's do we get till we reach our limit? [:D][;)] Looks like the whole fam damily's here.

Not the whole dam family not even half. There are 9 of us here living in the house..... still have five to go .. and that is not even all of us ...... there are other dtels out there... beware..................

• Moderators

Amy says get all the dtels to sign up[;)]

Seriously, audio was a hobby of dtel's prior to our marriage twenty seven years ago. Our three girls were raised with music playing on a daily basis.

Our five year old grandson has slept [|-)]through more music than most of us have ever listened to, beginning with birth. He got so excited when we got the new Synergy speakers. When we upgraded to the Forte II's you would have thought he was getting Christmas presents.[:o] When we got the second pair of Forte II's he thought they were for his birthday. [<:o)]

How could all the dtels not be Klipsch fanatics.

Another thing, gigging the frogs isn't the fun part, it's the adventure itself.

I do not like snakes, so that does put a damper on the whole adventure, but short of that, I am game for anything.

I like the bbq and hanging out idea too, not much of a country club type myself. Just looking forward to meeting everyone.

• Klipsch Employees

Well Dtel yes the whole gang is welcome.

As for giggin, I don't think we will have much time for that. But, If someone was really up to that I may be able to hook you up.

What worries me about the BBQ is it would be outside.

The only places to have that type of gig inside is on state or city land. We could do that but it will limit the "kind" of drink one can have. (Hope is in a dry county, that is were they do not sale adult drinks)

We have a meeting on Wen of next week to come up with a list of things we would like to do and put together the klipsch folks that will make it happen.

I have had many offers from the Arkansas members to help. Which I must say is very nice, and we may take you up on your offer.

Any way it goes, we will have fun.

Fortunately the Arkansas summer is only just getting started in June and the high temp for june ranges from 86-92 and if were lucky could be cooler. Speaking of cooler I'll bring an ICE chest or two to fixe the dry problem. A grillout sounds good and I'm sure the BEC Heresey truck speakers could make an apearance.

I still can't believe dry counties exist the foudning fathers would be sad.