Women control 88% of electronics purchases -- deal with it!

Daddy Dee

Wow. If I brought that attitude home, my partner would not be there waiting for me. In my house, we are very much equal partners. She doesn't need to work, and we have a 9 mo. old daughter she could stay home with, but she does. She is her own person with her own opinions and I respect that. She treats me with equal respect. All household decisions, including speaker choice (she does not care much for debating choice of electronics) are made in that context.

Well, on the other hand there's no way I would ever be found stepping all over the decisions my wife makes without MY input. For us it's a two way highway. She wanted a pair of $5500 Gaggenau ovens when we redid out kitchen a few years ago and she shopped for the best deal and bought the freaking things without even a comment from me. SInce it didn't really matter to me I kept my nose out of the process.

I think that collaboration is highly overrated! I think RESPECT is all about letting your partner make their own decisions about whats important to them. In an adult, mature relationship I think asking "premission" is SICK SICK SICK.

I met my wife in the fall of 1970 and we're still going strong, so it's pretty much worked for us.

And why would ANYONE think a Cornwall is ugly? It's a walnut box--what is ugly about that?

Re: Women control 88% of electronics purchases -- deal with it!

It's been dealt with! I have been single for over one year now and in that year I have welcomed a pair of industrial La Scala's, a pair of industrial Heresy's, and a pair of mc 30's. It might be wise to get the Cornwall III's before I start my next relation. [;)]

Seriously now, I could never live with a woman who needs to tell me to do anything, just as I could never live with a woman who needs to be told to do anything. There has to be some understanding and compatability right? If she likes my horns, I'll like her teddybear and monkey. I'd even sleep with them then!

If you feel you fall into this category, please PM.

ps: I will not pay your planefair (Cornwalls III and other hifi monstrosities), but I will carry your bags, except your beautycase. Bring earplugs! [:D]

• Moderators

A more appropriate statement would be "women control 88% of home decorating". That is actually the conflict here, not the purchase itself, but the way it looks.

Most of our friends don't have time to make snide comments when they come to our home. They are too busy listening to the awesome sound those "boxes" produce.

Women need to get over it. The perfect house and perfect little speakers. Why not enjoy life, instead of worrying about what some friend might say.

If you don't like the way the speakers look in my house don't bother coming back might be an appropriate response. That is, unless you truly value their opinion and want to subject yourself to the rude, unsoliticited comments.