I think I'm finally going to make my purchase

RTTR

I was originally going to buy some Reference series speakers, but as other bills started to pop up, that plan kinda failed, so tomorrow I'm gonna go check out the Sub-12 and F-3's in person at Best Buy and probably buy them, and I'm sure I will be very pleased.

Is it just me, or do the new(ish) Synergy speakers look a lot sexier then the new Reference series, I sure liked the look of the older R series (like the RF-3's, RF-5s, basically I mean the ones that had the black dust cap, and the externally screwed in horn and drivers)

Speaking of which, what is going to happen to the RF-5, RF-7, and RC-7 when the even newer Reference line comes out? Are they getting replaced too?

Is it just me, or do the new(ish) Synergy speakers look a lot sexier then the new Reference series, I sure liked the look of the older R series (like the RF-3's, RF-5s, basically I mean the ones that had the black dust cap, and the externally screwed in horn and drivers)

Speaking of which, what is going to happen to the RF-5, RF-7, and RC-7 when the even newer Reference line comes out? Are they getting replaced too?

The replacement of the series is already a done deal. Today, I was at my local dealer - auditioning the RF7's, RC7, RB75 against the RF5's (already own one set of these), RC35, RB35. Stock on the RF7's is down to 3 pairs including 2 demos - I got the last RC7 Cherry. I came away feeling very good with my RF5 decision - RF7s were awesome but the upper mid was missing something for me - so I passed on them. They are selling them off for 1600/pair.

My dealer expects to have all the old stuff sold in two weeks with the NEW REFERENCE in in 3 WEEKS!

The info about the MSRP of the new bookshelf models is in the website. Frankly the new models smack of being dumbed down in both materials and specifications. Obviously Kklipsch is looking for a lower price point to compete with all the mass market home theater crap on the market.

The tweeter in the RB-81 is smaller than in the RB-75, and the RB-81 has vinyl instead of wood veneer. It is inconceivable with all these cost-cutting measures undertaken that these new References would perform better than the current line.