The Wiggles!!!!

Amy

Hate is a strong word but so I will say I strongly dislike the Wiggles. They had one catchy tune that I liked and the rest seemed to be junk (of course I am not their target audience.) I did add to the problem a little by selling a few Wiggles DVDs on eBay but I promise to never do that again! [:$]

D

My youngest, now five, went through a period of about two years when he absolutely loved the Wiggles. Every morning, the Wiggles. Had to get all the DVDs.

But compared to Barney, the Wiggles are fantastic! Neither of my boys liked Barney (thank goodness).

Fruit salad, anyone? Yummy, Yummy [:)]

• Moderators

Steven discovered them a month ago (he's 17 months now). It is absolutely the ONLY show that completely mesmerizes him from start to finish. Every other show gets maybe 30 seconds of his time before he's bored and on to other things.

He's even figured out that we have it on DVD. He knows to point the remote (or anything that resembles a remote) at the DVD player, look at me, and go ....AHHHHH.... in his best whiney voice.

What IS is about that show??? (and yes, WAY better than Barney)

My boys are all teenagers so I don't know the WIGGLES. But, if they're better than BARNEY what's the complaint??? Enjoy the fact that he's enthralled with something so innocent. By the time the 3rd grade has passed he'll know that Santa ain't real, how to seduce women and smoke crack. These days raising kids is hair raising and so is being one. They get exposed to way too much, way too soon......so let him wiggle his little *** off while he still wants to.[;)]

Amy,

Ever thought about getting him his own personal tv and dvd player? May be cheaper then a psychiatrist for you in the future...

But seriously Buddy still watches The Wiggles occasionally and we too have it on DVD.

We used to have Bob the Builder, Elmo, Dora the Explorer, Oobi and a few others 12 hours a day. Can imagine seeing the Wiggles on a 65 inch t.v.? It is horrifying!. It was torture.... pure torture. I have got to say it hasn't gotten much better now that he is 5. We now watch Dora's cousin's show along with Yu Gi Oh and Power Rangers( I wish a bad guy would take the power rangers out with a bolt of lightening or something like that).

As for what it is about that show? I think that it is because they have songs that the kids can remember and they can participate by dancing and all.

Makes you wonder what they will grow up like watching these shows... whatever happened to normal cartoons like the Smurfs and Heman and Sheila? Oh man now I know how my parents feel. No wonder we have 5 T.v's in this house.

"...and Heman and Sheila? "

I think that is supposed to be She-ra, not Sheila... [:S]

Yes, those were the good ole days when a kid could just veg out and watch some great cartoons! Not that there aren't some great cartoons now, like Spongebob Squarepants, but, I mean, come on... By the POWER of GREYSKULL... I HAVE THE POWER!

D

• Moderators

The Wiggles lasted with the grandkids for a short time. They did enjoy "Dorothy the Dinosaur". You know D O R O T H Y, Dorothy the Dinosaur! It was so funny because kids aren't real coordinated at two and their speech is about as bad. I didn't enjoy the Wiggles, but watching the grandchildren watch the Wiggles, dance with the Wiggles and sing with the Wiggles was hilarious.

Amy, enjoy it while you stlll have the chance, they grow up so fast.

I missed out on a lot when my girls were younger, because I worked a 9-5, which actually was a 6-6 by the time I got them to daycare/school, went to work, picked them up and got home again. Then it was books, baths, dinner and bed.

When Buddy, the oldest grandchild was born I couldn't wait for him to say "maw-maw". Well, he learned how to say it and I hear it about sixty times a day. Not that I am complaining, but sometimes he says "maw-maw" just to say it.

Oh yes, Ninja Turtles will soon appear on the scene also.

Yeah, I hate the Wiggles. Dora, too. Backpack, backpack my ***!!

Noggin is pretty cool on the whole, now that I have succumbed a bit to TV watching for the guy.

I actually enjoy Jack's Big Music Show. I wish it were an hour, actually...

• Moderators

Oh, I'm not really complaining about the show itself--I think it's great for little kids. I just have some of those songs running through my head all day--it feels like I'm going nuts!

Steven does have his own little entertainment center, but I never let him just sit in there by himself and watch TV. Doesn't seem "right" to me, especially since I see him so little.

Now he's become attached to the DVD case itself. The show doesn't even have to be on! He just holds it constantly, looks at it occasionally (see attached picture!).

And I'm NOT kidding you guys, I went to the video store last night....I've NEVER let him run around in it before--he's usually in a stroller, so he doesn't "know" where anything is... He ran down every aisle, not touching a thing, and there was a Wiggles DVD case two rows up in the new releases---just ONE--he zeroed in on it, grabbed it and wouldn't let go.

He's not even a year and a half old yet! Whoever invented that show is a genius. I need to send them a letter asking what their secret is so I can be a gazillionaire too.

post-4329-13819281138996_thumb.jpg