Poll: Pioneer Elite Plasma vs. Sony SXRD Rear Projection TV

customsteve01

I vote for the plasma. The sony has issue with fast moving picture. It gets blurry. Why do you think that all stores that sell these things only play slower moving hd content. I think for the slower moving scenes and still pictures the sony has a better picture, but induce a fast moving movie and the Pioneer will win hands down.

I am a former assistant store manager for an Ovation store and have a lot of experience with both. To start the Pioneer Elite plasma are by far the best plasma on the market. They are better than the commercial/standard line by offering twice the warranty, better glass, gold plated inputs for durability of connections as well as being the only ISF certifed plasma. you can actually have seperate ISF settings for day and night. 2nd, the Sony SXRD or JVD HD-ILA either one doesnt matter since they are both LCOS, cannot due true pluge(below black) This is a big thing because it greatly increases depth of shadows and and blackness as well as helps bring the true adjusted contrast ratio up by having a larger varience between light and dark in scenes. As for motion, there is still a large advantage to the plasma since there is not down time for a pix to "open/close" and right now 1080p will only make a difference if you are sitting 6ft from a 50" screen, and between 1080i and 1080p still at that distance i will put money down you wont notice a difference with HD programming. As for everything else the Elite plasma has the best color scale, most accurate color temperature(not blue tinted like the sony, and not red tinted like the jvc, another advantage of being able to be ISF certified.) If you have an opportunity to get the Elite plasma from an authorized dealer, go look at them side by side and you see the it is the Elite plasma.

I voted for the Sony... my folks got the same 60" model your considering and it is awesome... the only way I would prefer the Pioneer Plasma is if placement is to be in a bad spot in a room that has a lot of south facing windows which your wife will not let you apply 'treatments' to for dimming during daylight viewing... (that and the price concessions you mention)

Is this not lovely! Having to choose between a plasma and a sxrd. That is a problem I would love to have. I am sure either of them will give you many years of enjoyment. Technically I am sure both Sony and Pioneer can debate forever without a clear winner. Both are excellent units! Just compare those to what was available only 5 years ago! 9x16 crt rear projectors where only widely available in 2001!

This is really a great time to watch TV. Isn't it.

So go with your emotion at this point!