Got me an Aragon 3005 to replace my Rotel....

Orange Peel

I received my new amp today, an Aragon 3005, hooked it all up, and WOW, what a NICE amp!!! Definitely seems more full, powerful, wide, etc. Very pleased with the purchase. Lots of detail, BIG sumbitch though, probably 3-4 inches longer than the 1095, so I had to AGAIN rearrange my setup [:(] It's lighter as well than the 1095. Just listening to the radio was a HUGE improvement, sounded more real, full, detailed and live than the 1095. Don't get me wrong, the 1095 is awesome, it's SAD as hell to take it out of my system, it looks amazing, sounds great, I just needed more and the 3005 seems to be doing well right now. I traced down my noise/hum in the system, it's my cable, I took it out of the wall and it's crystal clear. So I need a ground loop isolator or something to rid myself of that noise.

I think I will keep the 1098 in the loop, I was looking at an Aragon Stage 1, but a good friend has shared some advice with me and I will be taking it [:D]

Here's some pics for you to see, I hate rearranging my crap :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's my lastest Rotel addition, my zone 2 amplifier for my bedroom, an RB-1050....

Posted Image

Congratulations on your new amp Scott. Man, that's a very handsome piece of equipment. You say it performs as good as it looks so I guess you got the best of both worlds.[:)]

Thanks buddy! I like it a lot, first choice was silver, but had no luck finding one, so I just got the black and man I'm happy with that choice, looks great! It sounds amazing, drives the RF-7's very well, stays nice and cool too! Wish it had a 12v trigger though, only thing I would change! [;)]

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments! This amp is stellar, just powerful and detailed! Stays cool all day long, never shows signs of fatigue and drives my RF-7/RC-7/RF-5 setup with ease. Not to mention it looks sexy as hell, at night that blue glow just accents all the gear and is awesome to look at! Overall I'm estatic with my purchase, next up, DeanG crossovers!!!!! [:D]

Peel,

I know exactly what you mean about the Rotel 1095... I had one for about a year, and it never broke a sweat. A very well-made piece of equipment, but it never made me think that the performance, whether music or film, was right there.

I sold it, and re-introduced McCormack amps to my set-up, and have been pleased ever since.

I have heard the Aragon units at the local shop, and been impressed with their clarity and smoothness. They are slightly warmer than my McCormack, which can be a good thing with Klipsch... I am sure you are going to be very happy, but if you are like me, the tweaking is going to come down to small details, and never really seems to end...

BTW, I love the blue glow also... most of my gear puts off various fugly shades of green.

That's beautiful! But why is there a screen on that piece? What's the point of that???

Thanks! The processor has a screen just because [:D] It's a display for the osd, show's everything like any other processor/receiver does (like volume, DTS, blah blah), but gives you the option to display the source on the screen, which I LOVE, I just like little things like that to set if off from every other processor out there. It's built like a tank, great components and works awesome!!

Peel,

I know exactly what you mean about the Rotel 1095... I had one for about a year, and it never broke a sweat. A very well-made piece of equipment, but it never made me think that the performance, whether music or film, was right there.

I sold it, and re-introduced McCormack amps to my set-up, and have been pleased ever since.

I have heard the Aragon units at the local shop, and been impressed with their clarity and smoothness. They are slightly warmer than my McCormack, which can be a good thing with Klipsch... I am sure you are going to be very happy, but if you are like me, the tweaking is going to come down to small details, and never really seems to end...

BTW, I love the blue glow also... most of my gear puts off various fugly shades of green.

Thanks for the support Chuck, it's tough when you keep dumping money into this stuff to justify it sometimes [:D] I love this thing so far, I've recalibrated the whole system, and just the amount of detail at lower volumes is awesome, it's quiet, smooth like you said and just kicks *** [:)] I will be going with the DeanG crossovers real soon, so that should take me to another level and "hopefully" finish me off for a while [;)]

I've never heard McCormack amps, I really don't go demo a lot of gear, no need to tempt myself anymore than reading about them, haha!!!

I plan to get some blue LED's to stick on the back of the glass to light the rim of each shelf, should look pretty slick when it's done, if I can figure out how to do it [:P]

That's beautiful! But why is there a screen on that piece? What's the point of that???

Thanks! The processor has a screen just because [:D] It's a display for the osd, show's everything like any other processor/receiver does (like volume, DTS, blah blah), but gives you the option to display the source on the screen, which I LOVE, I just like little things like that to set if off from every other processor out there. It's built like a tank, great components and works awesome!!

Like a nav screen in a car - but for an amp? How cool is THAT!? Why can't I be a wealthy person?

(stomping feet)

Like a nav screen in a car - but for an amp? How cool is THAT!? Why can't I be a wealthy person?

(stomping feet)

Pretty much, you can have the option to turn the screen off so you don't see anything, display the source you are watching, just the osd menu, both, etc, etc. It's pretty sweet, one of the major reasons I picked it over the 1068. And they aren't that expensive, you can get one used near $2k area, probably less.