Off topic: website gives more realistic view of our soldiers in Iraq and the good they do

jbsl

I am not trying to start any arguements about right or wrong concerning the issues with why we are there in Iraq but just go to the website and read the stories and get a different view than what the media is showing everyone.

Some of you might know about this website but I thought some of you would like another view of what is going on in Iraq. This website will give you an idea what our soldiers are going through and how they deal with it and the good and amazing things they are doing in Iraq.

This story "A Bright Shining Hope" also makes you realize that there is a lot more going on in Iraq that is good. What the media is showing is a very one sided story that has been draging the resolve of America down.

What our soldiers are doing in rebuilding Iraq and trying to help the people of Iraq is amazing and if the media showed more stories like "A Bright Shining Hope" and other stories on this website a lot more Americans would not be doubting why we should stay in Iraq.

This website has many stories that you will enjoy reading and maybe make you realize how important it is we stay in Iraq and help the Iraqi people set up a new government.

If we pull out of Iraq now all the American soldiers, coalition soldiers, and Iraqi people who have died fighting for freedom will have been for nothing. Freedom is not free it has been paid for with the lives of millions of soldiers and civilians over the last 90 years that has kept freedom alive around the world. When we forget this the next Hitler and World War 3 will show up.

I am ashamed to say that I have not done very much to support the soldiers and Iraqi people. This website offers ideas on how to support our troops and help the people of Iraq and I plan to start doing so.

James

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/operation-iraqi-children-a-bright-shining-hope.htm

I do think we suffer from what the statistians would call reporting error and bias by the people giving us purported true information..

It is true that one of the goals of the Press is to keep the Government honest. The government will "spin" everything. But this leads to an us versus them mentality between the government and the press. It breaks down into just polarized views. The citizen starts to wonder just how much from either side is correct

Somewhat independent of this war between the Press and Government, we would like to know what the average person in Iraq thinks. I daresay that if anyone of them said anything favorable, they'd be shot by insurgents. So they have to say something bad, and it becomes fodder for the anti-Government Press.

Basically, the integrity of the Press has been very compromised by their own principles and the circumstances of a civil war.

Gil

The online version of the Wall Street Journal's "opinion page" will often report a "roundup" of good news that encompasses a few weeks or a month at a time. The article is usually very long (because there is actually quite a bit of good news!) and takes a while even for my speed-reading eyes to get through.