what are those

dtel

• Moderators

I don't know what they do or what they are called . I have seen speakers used by some bands that have a metal horn looking thing on the top that spins around at different speeds as the music is played. I think it's something from a few years ago because you don't see them much anymore.

Just wondering ,never did know what they were, sorry don't have a pic just thought they looked cool.

• Moderators

YES thats it, thanks Wuz and Tom.

I had seen these and never knew what they were .

I had looked in profesional speakers and other names in google images looking at all types of speakers and couldn't find one picture to put on the forum to find out what it was.

After finding it's name and searching, I found it's really a strange kind of setup and never was never really copied much or at all.

theatreorgans.com/hammond/faq/mystery/mystery.html

Neat isn't it? I remember one of our HS rock bands (no, I didn't play, just listened) had those in the mid 70s. Mesmerizing and unforgetable as the rotation speeded up and slowed down on command. The only song I remember them playing was a rock version of Nutcraker!