Shoot, I'd be happy just to sleep on the floor

of the factory in a sleeping bag, smelling the wood and listening for

the elves that come in during the night to add the "magic" to Klipsch

speakers.

ya know...it will be summer and probably good weather and I've been

thinking about camping out in the area - the best part is it would be

waaaay cheaper too. If there isn't a campground I would be inclined to

just throw a sleeping bag off onto the shoulder of the road... [;)]

(or is there more than one road in Hope?)

• Klipsch Employees

It will be rather warm, but if you want to camp I can hook you up.

the "fair park" has camping, bathrooms, a stocked lake.

There are many places to camp in the area.

bois-de-ark lake, millwood lake, little river, red river, and a number of creeks and streams.

Heck the place next door to the farmhouse has room to set up a tent. We may end up using the farmhouse for Sat night as well, If that turns out to be the case, you could set up camp in the back yard.

• Moderators

We may end up using the farmhouse for Sat night as well, If that turns out to be the case, you could set up camp in the back yard.

Trey,

In another thread, I think it is entitled "Saturday Night" this was offered up as a suggestion. It seems everyone is very happy with the "farmhouse" idea. It is apparently far enough "out of the way" that we wouldn't bother anyone and it would be safe in the event of a "rain out".

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees

We had been looking at the farmhouse all along. There are "problems" with using the farmhouse.

1. the band will be outside. With other houses within 100 yards, we can / may bother others. I plan to go door to door that week and invite thoes folks in hopes that it will help.

2. I am not sure of the power at the house. We will need quite a bit of power to run the lights and sound.

3. As it is outside for the party, we have the chance of "fire ants" being a problem. If you don't understand how ants can be a problem, you have never been in a fire ant mound. Think bees that walk and sting. I have the grounds keeper spraying for ants the week of the party, but you never know how that will work.

4. The tent. I will have to gather a "mess" of folks to put up the tent. It is about 40 x 60 ft and is a hand full.

In the end, the farmhouse should be the better place.

• Moderators

We had been looking at the farmhouse all along. There are "problems" with using the farmhouse. 3. As it is outside for the party, we have the chance of "fire ants" being a problem. If you don't understand how ants can be a problem, you have never been in a fire ant mound. Think bees that walk and sting. I have the grounds keeper spraying for ants the week of the party, but you never know how that will work. .

\

Can you say Amdro. It's funny how us folks from the south have to explain stuff like fire ants. We even have a Texas Supreme Court decision about them: a man and wife (Snowbirds) come down from MN with their trailer to stay at an RV park for the winter. He get under the trailer to hook some things up, etc. and lays in a fire ant mound is bitten several hundred times AND DIES! Court says, there are all kinds of things in Texas that can bite, sting or hurt you, and in some cases kill you. It's up to you to know what they are and to avoid them, not the RV Park owner.

Sooooooooooooo, if you don't know what fire ants are, or more importantly if your children don't know what they are, make sure you have one of us point them out to you so you can avoid them.

Travis

fini,

any kind of poison is better than FIRE ANTS. And the bad thig is every time they come out with something that will kill them they take it off the market.

If you don't know what they are your in for a treat. They are allittle bigger than a pissant but they have teleapathic powers or they all carry little bitty radios. cause they will wait till about a hundred are on you and then all bight at once, and talk about dancing out of your pants[:o]

Steve

• Moderators

For any of you that are not familiar with fire ants I would strongly recommend that you bring some Benadyrl along for the trip. Most "yankees" and maybe some others have not developed a tolerance for fire ants and they can cause a serious allergic reaction.

Another suggestion Trey, there are some granular fire ant treatments available that work very well. A local feed store would be able to assist in that area, if you care to check it out.