Friday night Mixer

I hope there is a mixer! I could bring the good 'ole Cornwalls down again. [:)]

Woo

Hey Woo. It was nice meeting you last year and your Cornwalls sounded great, but when I saw you wheeling those bad boys into the hotel last year, I couldn't help but chuckle at the irony. Surely Trey and Klipsch will be nice enough to loan any speakers for the mixer that we can agree upon. I wonder if that NEW Cornwall would be ready for an audition. [;)]

I hope there is a mixer! I could bring the good 'ole Cornwalls down again. [:)]

Woo

Hey Woo. It was nice meeting you last year and your Cornwalls sounded great, but when I saw you wheeling those bad boys into the hotel last year, I couldn't help but chuckle at the irony. Surely Trey and Klipsch will be nice enough to loan any speakers for the mixer that we can agree upon. I wonder if that NEW Cornwall would be ready for an audition. [;)]

It wasn't that big of a deal with the dolly, ya know... and the reason I *really* brought them was to hear the difference in old crossovers vs. standard rebuilt crossovers. Those are my old type B's that Crites is sniffing on in his avatar. The difference in sound was immediate and very satisfying!

Plus, I got to hear what 'standard' type B Corns could REALLY sound like 'opened up' at Goat Ropers. wow....

They were weeping that they had to return to a diet of Onkyo solid state the following week.[:'(]

Woo

p.s. as Crites mentioned, vintage/new would be fun to hear too. But if Klipsch is going to let us listen to a speaker... I would like to hear the LaScala hooked up to some SET amps. That sound was luxurious, but the Corns just aren't efficient enough to take advantage of that topology.

DocWho, If not at the mixer I promise Roy will fire them up in the demo room like he did last year and if are not satified with the bass I'll be very surprised as they ROCK[:D]

Woo, if I can get my funds together I'll be having Bob send me all the parts so I can put the guts back into my LaScalla's and then I'll be bringing them[;)]

You sure need to come through Little Rock and stop over at Seti's place because he is running Belle's with those 8 Watt Canary SET amps and they do sing[:o]

We should do some blind ABX testing too....it'd be fun to compare all

the religiously debated topics....like tubes vs SS and LP vs CD,

expensive vs cheap cable, etc etc... [;)]

I might have a few DIY projects I might want to bring along....it'd be

cool to hear a pair of the cornscala dbb's too (perhaps even compare

against the lascala).

Trey,

Gotta have a Friday night mixer, of course. The question is, where?

The breakfast room at the Holiday Inn Express is not terrible, but what we really need is a place where we can open it up loud if we want, and stay late. Preferably in or within walking distance from a hotel.

Any suggestions?