KLIPSCH LASCALA

PierreFriart

Bonjour hello,

Je suis un grand amateur des enceintes La Scala, j'ai eu la chance de trouver une paire en très bonne état, juste les deux tweeter étaient "mort" le servive technique belge www.aed.be m'a vite procuré de nouveaux haut- parleurs.

Ce que j'aimerais s'avoir comment se comporte les enceintes avec des HP grave K43E à la place des K33E ?

Je viens de remplacer les selfs de la section grave du filtre par des selfs TRITEC de 0.3 OHM de résistance interne le résultat est beaucoup mieux plus de grave et surtout une définision plus spacial.

Les condensateurs de 2 µf du filtrage aigue sont remplacé par des valeurs identique mes de qualité supérieure ausi de chez Intertechnique.

Je viens de virer la protection des HP Tweeter et remplacé le pont de résistances variable par une simple résistance de 1 Ohm pour rester dans la norme d'origine et le résultat est bien meilleur sans la protection qui est ausi un circuit bouchon pour stabiliser la courbe d'impédance de la voie aigue.

Sorry french

Pierre

Mes Klipsch.pdf

Welcome.

I put your message through an internet based computer translator. It gave the followng results in English:

Hello hello,

I am a large amateur of the enclosures Scala, I was likely to find a pair in very good state, just both tweeter "had died" the servive Belgian technique www.aed.Be quickly got new high speakers to me.

What would I like to have myself how behaves the enclosures with HP engraves K43E in the place of the K33E?

I have just replaced the coils of the serious section of the filter by coils TRITEC of 0.3 OHM resistance interns the result is much better more low register and especially a définision more spacial.

The condensers of 2 µf of filtering acute are replaced by values identical my of higher quality ausi from Intertechnique.

I have just transfered the protection of the HP Tweeter and replaced the bridge of variable resistors by a simple resistance of 1 Ohm to remain in the standard of origin and the result is much better without the protection which is ausi an antiresonant circuit to stabilize the curve of impedance of the acute way.

Sorry french

Pierre

Best regards to Pierre and all here.

Gil

Pierre,

The K43 is/was used in the Industrial cabinets. With everything else staying with original values, the K43 will have a little less bass, but higher power handling.

Bruce

Pierre,

Le K43 est été utilisé dans les cabinets Industriels. Avec tout restant d'autre avec les valeurs originales, le K43 aura un petit moins de basse, mais le plus haut maniement de pouvoir.

Bruce

Hello Gil,

Merci pour la translation !

J'aimerais s'avoir comment commander chez ALK un filtre pour mes enceintes La scala ?

Je souhaiterais un filtre normal avec des condensateurs Hoviland Music Cap.

De ce que je comprend sur le site ALK ce sont de très bon filtre.

J'aimerais avoir plusieurs avis sur le résultat final avec des fitres ALK.

Comment se comporte les Scala avec un HP Grave K43E en place du K33E ?

En ce qui concerne la protection des tweeter des filtres AL3 j'ai enlevé le condensateur de 2 µf et la self qui sont branchés après le filtrage du K77 qui s'appelle éliptical filtre.

La résistance variable et la résistance de 100 ohm sont suprimées.

Merci pour la translation.

Sorry French.

Pierre.

To all: I ran this through the translator and made a few guesses at cleaning up the result:

I would like have how to order itself with ALK a filter for my pregnant [sic, present?] ones The scala? I would wish a normal filter with condensers Hoviland Music Cape [sic, capacitor?]. Of this that I understands on the site ALK this are very voucher [sic, probably, literally, "well spoken for"] filters.

I would like to have several opinions on the final result with fitres [sic, filters] ALK. How behaves the Scala with a Serious [sic, stronger?] HP K43E some places of the K33E?

In regards to the protection of the tweeter of the filters AL3 I removed the condenser of 2 µf and the coil that are connected after the filtrage of the K77 that is called éliptical filters. The variable resistance and the resistance of 100 ohm are suprimées. Thank-you for the translation.

Pierre,

J'ai acheté deux filtres d'ALK pour ma La Scalas il y a plusieurs années et je suis très heureux avec le nouveau bruit. La qualité et l'exécution des filtres est excellente !

Bonne chance !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(I purchased two ALK filters for my La Scalas several years ago and am very pleased with the new sound. The quality and workmanship of the filters is excellent!)

Dave in Nashville

Pierre tells us:

- - - - - - -

I have just placed order at ALK for a pair of crossovers.

Now I am impatient to be able to listen to Scala with ALK.

Thank you with all for your councils and Klipsch lives!

- - - - - - -

This is interesting. Al K. is becoming internationally famous!

Gil

Guys,

Yep.. It's amazing how far-reaching the internet is. I have shipped networks, and now horns, all over the world:

Germany

Netherlands

Japan

Israel

London UK

Italy

Singapore

China

Canada

Qatar

France

Hong Kong

Tiawan

Norway

Slovenia

Switzerland

Thailand

Austria

Australia

Greece

South Africa

Spain

Belgium

And some place I haven't been able find on the world map called "new Jersey" ?? [:D]

Al K.

Bonjour, hello.

J'aimerais s'avoir ce que vous pensez des déflecteurs qui sont dans mes Klipsch LaScala ?

Ce sont deux petites planches qui se trouvent dans le fond des pavillons et qui font 6cm de largeur sur toute la hauteur et qui sont coupé à 45°.

Ci joint une photos.

Merci d'avance,

Pierre.

Bonjour Pierre,

Beaucoup miss dans les réflecteurs, et obtiennent à un peu le rendement de fréquence plus élevée. En d'autres termes, au lieu de 400 hertz, ils peuvent se lever à 500 ou 600 hertz.

Bruce

==============

Hello Pierre,

Many put in the reflectors, and get a bit higher frequency output. In other words, instead of 400 Hz, they may get up to 500 or 600 Hz.

Bruce

Hello, the Belgium, Thank you for all your answers. I will carry out a test with the French translator - English. To return on the subject which hold us with c?ur who is Klipsch. My enclosures come from a studio of classical music the former owner is a presenter for a radio Belgian. I paid the price but I must say that their state is exceptional! I have chance, there is not a claw they never did not move of place a faith installed in their place. The two tweeters had died following an accident in monitoring. The replacement was ensured by the Belgian representative who is really very qualified. Now that I have just ordered crossovers ALK I am impatient of being able to listen to them. My listenings are mainly of the classical music of the jazz.....Wagner Mozart and the others are alive. It is the first enclosure which I listen to who give me an almost total realism. I also modified filters AL3 replace of it the coil of the serious way by a Tritec self-service. The deflector installed gives a good result. Thank you to read me. Pierre.

Oui, le traducteur semble avoir fonctionné. Je peux comprendre les remarques que vous essayez de faire. J'en ai fait expérimentant avec certains de ces traducteurs et elles semblent fonctionner mieux quand vous vous servez d'un langage simple sans aucun argot ou contraction. Je suis d'accord avec ce que vous avez dit au sujet du Klipsch La Scalas. Ils sont très réalistes et vous incitent à croire cela qui le symphonie ou la bande est exacte dans la chambre avec vous. J'espère que vous appréciez votre Klipsch La Scalas ! Au revoir !

Thanks for the links to the translators! After some experimentation (going back and forth from English to French and vice versa) I can say that they're a little rough around the collar. But they certainly seem to do the job well enough so that you can get a good idea as to what the person's train-of-thought / idea happens to be. Train-of-thought, by the way, is a good example of something that can screw the translators up - somebody in another country speaking another language might take the translation literally and not understand what they hell you're talking about - lol. It's best to speak clearly and concisely in order to afford somebody the best possible translation.

-H2G