Superbowl Sundayyyyyyyy!!

ranjith

I enjoyed the Ameriquest Airplane commercial!....... As far as the game, at least it wasn't a

blowout game like past ones.......

My Main Complaint is the Commentators. I truly wish John (I don't know squat), Madden

either retires or is taken off this job! His comments were useless, and boring! Bring

back Frank Gifford!

'Some missed catches, a few bad passes. simply could have performed better at times.'

Sorry, but the team that does the above does not get to be the champion of the NFL. It must be the best performance of a team from an outstanding season, with motivated players and a very inspirational coaching staff. Nothing less will do.

Just my .02, probably worthless.

Yea, but that describes both teams yesterday!

I think the offensive interference call on Jackson wasn't all that off the mark, but the holding call was pretty ridiculous. To me that intereference call was not bad because firstly it was 2feet in front of the ref down there, and DeShea was heading right towards Jackson.. he puts out a hand, stops the defender in his tracks and goes the other way for the catch. Not a bad cal. The holding call was definitely debatable though. NFL has to take a look at its officiating crew, even in the regular season there were some absolutely horrendous calls.

On another issue, I think fans shouldn't complain when "inconclusive" evidence doesn't overturn a ruling on the field. Thats the equivalent of argueing that a score in a boxing match wasn't fair, we all know that can't be argued.

As for Larry Johnson, I dearly hope the Chiefs make him their #1 back. I absolutely love his running style, he is so patient , waits for the blocks to develop and then makes his move. Hes a very finese runner, you never see him rushing past his blockers and getting taken down like a rookie. Hes learnt a lot from Priest Holmes, and hes doing a great job with his feet. As much as I like Holmes as well, Johnson is the man for KC. And I also hope they don't get Owens, they just have to get their WR squad working harder and a better central role for Tony Gonzalez that has worked better last season. They do NOT need a guy like Owens, they are a very nice "team" and I'm afraid that concept will jeopardized if Owens comes in wanting all the attention. It sucks to see a talent like T.O be infused with an attitude like his, truly sucks.

Oh man.. Just watched the Seahawk homecoming.

"We knew it was going to be tough playing the Pittsburgh Steelers. We didn't know we were going to be playing the guys in the striped shirts too. - Mike Holmgren"

I hope that does not come back to bite the hawks next season

All said and done, the harsh realization now is.... football season is now over [:(] Its going to be a lonnnnnnng wait till pre-season *sigh* I'll look forward to pro-bowl I suppose. Is there other forms of football that any of you follow in the NFL-offseason?? CFL starts a few months ahead of NFL, so that fills the void for a little while but however its not nearly as exciting, or neither is the talent as good as the NFL's. But nevertheless, its football. Go Argos! :P

Na... Not for me. I'm glad the season is over. Too much stress. I've been feeling this way for about a month now. I need the break for a while. If i get to jonesn' for football, will put in my Madden 06 disk into the XBOX and let it play out some automated game. [:D]

Now that the Super Bowl is over, now begins the first day of lent[;)]

Well, Detroit was just DA BOMB. Best Super Bowl week evahhhh (fourth host city attended). Got to see the VH1 Pepsi Smash Super Bowl concert free, got to do a Budweiser private party at Tiger Stadium, also free (this was WAYYYY out of the league, and m00n, I thought of you when I saw the club chocked full of dancing Budweiser girls - it was totally in your element), and Kid Rock's Super Bowl Saturday Night concert was a hoot, too.

And then of course, gameday, which started off at NFL Headquarters at the Renaissance Center, and a pregame brunch hosted by ABC Channel 7 and Seldom Blues restaurant (part owned by Lions DE Robert Porcher). It was quite the pregame spread, as we dined while watching the local affiliate do all day pregame and even saw the Governor! After 2 hours of continous service dining, we made our way downstairs to watch the ESPN crew do pregame, and then off to the Stadium for the pregame countdown.

This included a visit with Mr. Tailgate, Lions fans in the hottub, and a pregame cigar with the Steeler faithful (since they were all I could see in that lot). We were in the building by four, and immediately upon reaching the second deck we walked by the ABC pregame booth, where Chris, Steve, Michael, and Tom were doing the show[:)] My wife was most pleased to see Mr. Berman, her favorite football personality. You know it's big when Berman is doing pregame in the stadium[:D]

But alas, the game didn't live up to the hype - it was a brutal and hard fought affair, though. The game never seemed to gain any momentum either way. Not just with the officiating (which was suspect at best), but with the extra TV timeouts, which seemed to come at the worst time for both teams. Also, there was LOTS of trash talk and extracurricular stuff - the refs did have their hands full in many ways that might not be evident to the TV audience. The Super Bowl IS quite a show, though - it's still the place I want to be on Super Sunday, bad game or not. It is a celebration of the game as much as a game itself.

In my impartial opinion, the officiating wasn't so good - but it was NOT the reason the Seahawks lost this game. Bottom line - the Steelers made the big plays when they had to. No consistency on either offense, but the Steelers made plays when it counted. And the Seahawks did not. The running game for Seattle was poor on the left side (their strength), and too many dropped balls in the passing game. I thought Holmgren had the right idea with the quick passes in the first quarter, but the longer the game went, the longer Hasselbeck held the ball. That's bad scheme, IMO - especially against a blitzing defense. Also: VERY POOR clock management by Seattle at the end of BOTH halves of this game. Too much time wasted!!! Not to mention the 3rd and 29?? Seattle gave up to Pittsburgh late in the game, and the Hasselback pick (which the absence of makes the chop block penalty moot) - it was an implosion by the Seahawks. And when Holmgren finally lost his lid on the sideline, I think the team did, too. I believe a team is a reflection of their coach, and this was un-Holmgren like.

Had the refs called a more even game, it might have been a better contest - but I think Seattle did enough to lose - and Pittsburgh did enough to win.

Apparently, Seattle fans in the parking lot did not agree, as several of our car windows were met by flying rocks after Seattle lost the game. The only damper on a great trip (and the unscrupulous parking operators), but out of four Super Bowl host cities attended, the best of the four overall - albeit not the best game.

I've got pics, but they are old school film, so I'll try to get them posted within the next week or so.

All the bitterness from anti-steeler folks has got me chuckling these past couple of days, especially my roomate. Hes been very livid that the Steelers won, hes a diehard Colts fan so I can see why. Everytime I see him in the living room or the kitchen hes got one more new reason why the Steelers didn't deserve to win, quite the source of entertainment hes turning out to be.

So it has been a few days, I am still very happy for my Steelers who have won dispite the so called "phantom" calls. And here is my response:

1) Seahawks outplayed them.
I agree with you 100%, but you don't win games if you don't put up the points.

2) Seahawks did throw a few lemons. Some missed catches, a few bad passes. simply could have performed better at times.
I agree, as did both teams, why the NFL has to use 108 brand new footballs, who knows?!?!

3) Steelers did make 3 huge "MAGNIFICIENT" plays. Give them serious props. Those were AWESOME
I agree, and that was the difference in the game. The Hawks gave up 4 plays over 30 yards, unfortunatly it was only on those plays the Steelers did anything with the ball, yet it was enough.

4) I won't officially go on record saying that the officiating cost the Seahawks the superbowl, but I will say that it GREATLY affected the score and quit possibly outcome.
I agree, but you can say that about every single game in the NFL. It is an opinion and perspective, everyone is entitled to it, but it doesn't mean it was right. The Officials in the NFL are horrible, but their calls didn't cost (as you mentioned) the Seahawks the game. Does it change momentum...without a doubt.

5) 7 points were absolutly taken away with that offensive pass interference call. The pass that stevens caught down to the 1 yard line, then the horrendous holding call that brought the ball back, that EASILY could be argued another 7 points for a total of 14.
The first statement, I do not agree with. A WR can NEVER push off defending player to attempt to catch a ball. Especially right in front of an official, 9/10 the call would be made. Do I think that it was a late flag, yes.
Holding is holding, never understood these calls, they miss them half the time and then call them very randomly and would probably give you the 7 points you are looking for, as I agree. I also did not think the Ben crossed the goal line. If the official would have called it no TD, there would have not been inconclusive evidence to turn that call over to a touch down, but it happened the other way. At a minimum the Steelers would have got three from a Field goal. Making the final score 17-17 (add your seven, minus my seven then add three)...who knows, Necter would have got is overtime Super Bowl, then the whole world would be complaining that overtime should be like the NCAA....

6) I will congratulate the Steelers and the fans for brining home the trophy.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Now I understand why you are highly regarding on this forum. Am I proud of the way the Steelers played, not at all, they got very, very lucky. They did enough to squeak by. However, they had a very tough road they had to go through to get there. Win out their last 4 games, and they played awesome against, Cincy, Indy, and Denver on the road. If they had to play NE on the road, it would have been a Seattle-NE Super Bowl.

7) Dispite my congratulations, in my heart and the hearts of many, I don't feel the Steelers won a fair game.
Again, it is an opinion and perspective, everyone is entitled to it. They played like crap, but had 3 big plays and that was all they needed.

PS... Seriously Steeler fans, no hard feelings from me. Non of this is pointed at you.
No hard feelings taken and No hard feelings to any of the Seahawks fans, they are my second favorite team, and are better odds to get to the Super Bowl next year than the Steelers are.

On a side note, if anyone is interested, they had the Super Bowl Champions Parade in Pittsburgh yesterday. Almost 300K attended, I was one of them and got some awesome pics. If there is an interest I will happy to post a few of them.

jagangjee, I'd love to see those pics!

I don't want to bore the rest of the guys on this thread, so here's a few. We are putting together a DVD with pictures and video's of the parade with music in the background here at work. We have over 300 pics that need to be edited, but if you are interested, PM me your address and I would be happy to make one for you and send it out (won't be for a few weeks though).

Sorry need to resize...will be a few minutes.

post-11266-13819281488188_thumb.jpg