Schindler's List

ygmn

Watched the DVD last night....

Been a while since I seen it...last time watched it was on laser disk...

Wow...much better...better sound...better picture...

Still a great movie.. and everyone should watch it once....

Excellent movie, and great DVD. Whenever I hear about Schindler's List it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry and his girlfriend were seen making out in the back of the theater during the movie. A classic nothing's sacred Seinfeld moment.

Mr Spielburg uses too much gruesome in his movies..... this, munich, saving private ryan, even war of the worlds.

I don't see how you could portray war or the holocaust without it being too gruesome. The reality is that we will never truly know how gruesome it was/is through a movie. The reality of being there and experiencing it could never be adequately relayed via a movie and I seriously wouldn't want it to be.

D

Yes, 10 years old is definitely too young to see somethings, such as realities of war and human tragedies.

Myself, I use movies, like Savng Private Ryan, to remind me of the price that others have paid for my own freedom. I use documentaries/movies on tragedies like 9/11 or the halocaust to remind me of the price others have paid due to the cowardice and intolerance of others. Yes, these are terrible things brought about mostly by ignorance but we can all use them as motivation to make sure we continue to strive to make the world a better place for everyone!

D

Yes, 10 years old is definitely too young to see

somethings, such as realities of war and human tragedies.

Myself,

I use movies, like Savng Private Ryan, to remind me of the price that

others have paid for my own freedom. I use documentaries/movies

on tragedies like 9/11 or the halocaust to remind me of the price

others have paid due to the cowardice and intolerance of others.

Yes, these are terrible things brought about mostly by ignorance but we

can all use them as motivation to make sure we continue to strive to

make the world a better place for everyone!

D

Just remember not be be blindly judging whose ignorance is at fault.

The price is very high but sometimes the means do not justify the ends.

This movie had more impact on how I thought about the holocaust than all the history lessons from HS. Like Jay, I too was about 10yrs old when I watched the movie... I remember that my dad insisted I don't watch it with him, but I was too "macho" to not watch it ;) But when the movie was over, I was almost in tears. By far one of the best movies EVER made. This movie made the holocaust so real to the audience, has some very disturbing scenes. I have no problem with the way Spielberg portrayed the situation, after all it was just like how it happened. The one scene thats permanently engraved in my memory and I still shudder when I think about is - the scene where the kids are separated from their mothers , and the mothers are stripped off their clothes and jump over the cliff. That scene is VERY haunting. Nonetheless, a very powerful movie and a must-see. I respect this movie a lot.

Maybe that is due to the textbooks being older than many of my friend's

parents. My parents well father was born in 1943 so......

Plus they emphasize more US History as opposed to World History.

And there always those parents that claim that the holocaust never

existed and that it was a made up story......... Morons! I felt sorry

for the kid that believed that too because his parents brainwashed him.

Maybe that is due to the textbooks being older than many of my friend's parents. My parents well father was born in 1943 so......

Plus they emphasize more US History as opposed to World History.

And there always those parents that claim that the holocaust never existed and that it was a made up story......... Morons! I felt sorry for the kid that believed that too because his parents brainwashed him.

Wow , your kiddin right ?