What's your favourite under-rated group?

Myhamish

Rory Gallagher,he has to be the best artist ever to get overlooked by

the masses.I've never played a Gallagher lp/cd for a friend (young or

old)that was not an instant fan.My son's 26/28 are even bigger fans

than me,that say's alot considering they grew up on 80/90's hair bands.

Roy Buchannon. he never got the recoginition he deserved. he was one of the best guitarist i ever heard. able to get little snaps, chirps,and crys out of that guitar like no other. "nickel and a nail" from "when a guitar plays the blues" chokes me up every time i hear it. "can i change my mind" from "live stock album" and "you're not alone" from "you're not alone album" are my favorites. wish he was still with us.

Joy of Cooking.

This was a female led jazz/blues/folk rock group from the early 70's out of Berkeley that released 3 albums for Capitol.

The group was fronted by Terry Garthwaite on guitar and song writer Toni Brown on piano.

A recent retrospective on NPR reminded me of one of my all time favorite groups. NPR : Hearing The Joy of Cooking, Again.

Supposedly, all three albums have been re-released on cd by Evangeline records (GB).

James

After having given this considerable thought my vote goes to.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

INSANE CLOWN POSSE

http://www.insaneclownposse.com/detect.php

Runner ups: Impotent Sea Snakes http://www.impotentseasnakes.com/

Orchestral Maneuvers

NOFX

Jason and the Scorchers

Loverboy

The Flock

Savoy Brown, one of my favorite blues bands from Brittain.

Honorable mention for "BLue Cheer," arguably the first Heavy Metal band. The song, Parchment Farm, is the first real Heavy Metal song, IMHO.

Great thread by the way! Good to hear others opinions and open up good music to those who have never heard of some of these great artists before!

Kuddos to the members who mentioned Rory Gallagher and Little Feat!

Bonzo, In another thread "Greatest Guitarist", someone was complaining about bands "ripping off" others' songs. Again, They all did "remakes" which are not rip offs. "Parchment Farm" Another remake. Excellent!!

P.S. I loved Savoy Brown too. What about a band named "Family"? heard of them? They did a song "Larf and Sing" Excellent harmonies..

I don't remember Family. About what year were they around? I have more albums than I care to mention. Every couple of years I go through them and find stuff long forgotton.

Last time I found a couple from a band called "Bloodrock." I don't remember buying them. Although, my uncle worked for a college radio station in the seventies and he gave me a lot of their demos. It was probably one of those.

Another band that I think deserves a mention is "Frank Marino and Mahogony Rush." They were great live!

I didn't realize Parchment Farm was a remake. Who did it originally? By the way, they did a great version of Summertime blues. Wonder if Eddie Cochoran was turning over in his grave?

Mark

Pixies

I heard them on a HD concert on TV. I thought they were a reall bad garage band. Sorry for being negative, but they couldn't hit the right keys, instruments were out of tune, and they played with their pants around their ankles..

HORRIBLE!!!...........

They did start rough in that show, and it took them a good half hour to hit stride. Did you watch the whole show? The second hour had some great stuff.