Gonna be a GRANDPA AGAIN!

picky

Woo-Hoo! Our son informed us last night that he and his wife are expecting their second child to arrive in early October. Our little 4-year old grandson will have a new brother or sister to be a big brother to. The irony is that our son and his sister are 4 years apart, too. This is wonderful news for us all: A bright spot in a year that started off with a pretty dim outlook for our family. This is a blessing. -Glenn

• Moderators

Woo-Hoo! Our son informed us last night that he and his wife are expecting their second child to arrive in early October. Our little 4-year old grandson will have a new brother or sister to be a big brother to. The irony is that our son and his sister are 4 years apart, too. This is wonderful news for us all: A bright spot in a year that started off with a pretty dim outlook for our family. This is a blessing. -Glenn

Congrats Picky! Our three girls are 24, 25 and 26. Each one has a child, they are 5, 4 and 3.

And yes, we have been saying we would have had grandkids first if only we had known.

• Like 1

Wow, your response is overwhelming. That just confirms how great a place this forum is to be. You are all such wonderful, warm and caring people. I am honored to count myself among your ranks.

I share all of your thoughts that yes, grand kids tend to seem to be more fun that your own kids were. And, your kids will probably never understand that until lthey have grandkids of their own. Although my youth was fun, the older I get, the more I understand that youth is a bit overrated: I think, now that I have lived through much of the experience, life really does begin at 40. By then, I think that most of us have gotten all of that preliminary stuff out-of-the-way, alowing us to finally consentrate on what is most meaningful.

By the way:

Just as my pal DizRotus said; We'll be setting up something for this summer (probably in July) to try and get some of us Klipschers together at our place for a BBQ and Heresy III coming-out party. Anyone from the forum willing to drive to our area (near Detroit) is invited. We'll follow up with more details at a later date. I'll start a separate thread later to announce everything. I hope many of you will be interested.

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes. -Glenn & Verna

I edited my first post because I forgot wheter it was infact you that won the Heresy III at indy last year. But I 'll restate that maybe those Heresy could be an heirloom to your grandchild also born this year[:P]

Yep: That was me. I might just install my ProMedia 5.1 Ultras in the kid's crib. Break him(or her) in right with surround sound. Heh-heh! [;)]

There's no doubt our grand kids will be inherting some SERIOUS audio gear some day.