Need help with newly purchased sub-Woofer!

JBOO37

I just bought a KT-SW 15" Sub. As you know this is slightly older and I guess the type of amp is a different hook up than the new 6 and 7 channel receivers. Anyway I have an Onkyo TX-SR503 which only has the single RCA type pre out sub hook up(no regular speaker cable connections). The Sub has two sets of RCA hook up and several speaker wire posts, but does not have one for the single LFE. Do I need an adaptor? Help please! THX...

All you have to do is run an RCA cable from the LFE into either left or right RCA input on the subwoofer. Or if you want to get a Y-splitter to run from the LFE output so that both left and right channels on the sub are 'plugged in' that would work fine, too.

Hi, you could also run the *main*(L&R) speaker wires to the speaker level *inputs* on the sub, and then from the speaker level *outputs* on the sub, to the mains. You may actually find this easier to integrate the sub with the mains, using the high-pass cross-over on the sub.