Cornwall Shipping Crate?

Old!!Ears!!

Hello All!

I remember reading a long time ago that someone had made a shipping crate for a pair of Cornwalls. I cannot find anything about it when I search for it.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of such a thing?

I may be shipping a pair and would prefer to use something protective like a crate instead of cardboard boxes.

Thanks.

DeanG had the cornwall vault constructed. And the last I heard of it, (I THINK) it was in the possession of Dave (aka Audible Nectar), near the Chicago area. I'm going to be needing it too, as it looks like I just purchased a pair of Cherrywood Cornwalls.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

Good luck

Seem to recall that someone used it to get a pair

of CWs to them then abandoned the crate at the shipping dock.

Shawn

I think (at least I hope)that the one that was abandoned was Vault #2

built by Fini. I believe the original vault is still around. As Gilbert

says we need it to get my cherry cornwalls to him!

Josh

OldEars,

DeanG's vault has been uncovered. Let me know were you want it sent, and I will pass it to you when finished.

When you are done with it, you will have to either hold on to it, or pass it on to someone willing to store it. I do not have the room, otherwise, I would do it in a heart beat, lord knows I could have used it twice last year.

Thanks, Gilbert.

I'm looking at bidding on a pair on ebay that close in 3 days. They are in Texas, near DFW.

I saw that you need someone to hold on to it, also. I could stick it in my garage, if it isn't TOO big. I know how bid Cornwalls are, and two, back to back aren't that massive. I'm not too sure that I could handle moving the crate personally, as I have an artificial elbow.

I also looked at Forward Air, they have a terminal here in Birmingham, Alabama.

So, how does it work? This crateis sent (collect, I assume) to whoever needs it, and then returned to the keeper. (Or in the case of a purchase, sent to the seller, who fills it and sends to the buyer, who then keeps it or returns to the keeper (with payment for the initial expense)?

ANyway, if this can be worked out, let me know. Thanks.

Michael,

the vaults measurements are as follows

49" L x 34 1/2" H x 41 1/4" W - weighs approximately 125 lbs empty.

Shouldnt be a problem in a pickup with a shell. When i used it last i had a Toyota Sequoia and the fork lift just set it in just fine!

josh