Which to buy RF-35 or Rf-7 for rears

brokenarrow1

To tell you the truth, I would be hard-pressed to not buy the RF-7's for only $450 more than the RF-35s. I think the RF-7s would be massive overkill for rear duty but I can't imagine what 5 channel music would sound like! But, at those price points, I would go with the 7's if I had the extra dough.

D

There is more information in the rear than you think, the rears are equally as important as your mains and center, the better they are the better your system performs.

I started with Heresy II's and a/d/s L300E's in the rear, and what I have now makes the initial setup laughable.

Get the RF7's and don't look back, you will be glad you did. There is NO such thing as overkill!

Thanks that is what I was thinking. The dealer I am working with has a deal of buy one and get the other at half price, an he has the fr-7's for $849.00 ][

I have a HK 635 do you think it has enough power for 4 Rf-7's

That is a good question about your HK, one to which I don't know the answer. Maybe someone who has an HK or is familiar with them can answer it for you. I know when I was considering dropping some coin down for some RF-7s, I was wondering if my Denon 3802 would have the power to utilize them well. I am sure somebody can chime in with an opinion.

As far as overkill, that might be debatable but one thing is for certain, when you have the cash, you have the good deal, and it meets or exceeds your needs then you should do it! One shouldn't have to compromise the sonic quality on the rear channels just because they are used less fequently than the mains and center if one doesn't have to compromise! Worst case is you sell the RF-7s to me at a slight loss with little to no harm done. [:)]

D