Poll: Silver or traditional black?

RTTR

I like black and I like silver. What I don't like is oddball stuff that doesn't match anything. Unless of course you are rich and can afford a whole rack full of it. Like McIntosh for instance![H] I gotta say though, that since I've gotten the middle age curse of far-sightedness, I do appreciate silver fronts that I can actually see the writing on.

It's crazy that the same model of TV's aren't always offered in both black and silver -- we just exited the plasma market after making a purchase and our decision was greatly swayed by how the border will look in our room (matching external equipment).

Shows how old-school I am. I thought it was traditional silver or Modern Black. Those fashionistas have done it again. Drat!

Now that I think about it, I guess you're right. I'm just trying to get an idea of what color people think is "cooler" I can't decide between the silver or black Denon AVR-4306, both look amazing.

I voted for silver. Probably because most of the equipment my father had or had given me when I was younger was older 70's gear, most of it being silver.

That said, I'm still happy with either. The only silver component I have right now is my amp. I'd love a nice silver Lexicon MC-12, but it's out of my price range. So I'm content with my black MC-1.

speaking of black...it's been a while since I've listened to music with the lights off....that is the main reason I prefer black - black = dark and i just love dark death music....ok, maybe i don't like dark music but i do like listening in the dark.

...s'funny...part of the reason I bought my 1st nice amp, a Yamaha CA-610II (I know but it was nice to me) was because it was "traditional silver" when everyone was "painting it black." Now I have a mish mosh or black and silver and I find I went from the "everything must match" years ago to I like it as long as it sounds good...of course style still plays a part....I really WISH I had the bux for some nice McIntosh with the "Blue Eyes" but my stuff makes me happy and that's what's important...until I read about all your stuff and get nutz n wanna buy something else! [;)]

Bill

I Hate silver with a passion. There is silver everywhere! Cars, TVs. It makes me sick.

I was going to buy the Sony 34" HDTV, regular series and it only came in silver. I told the guy I'd buy it if he painted it black for me. He wouldn't, I didn't. I would have, except he said it would void the warranty.

Looks Cheap and tacky. I'd rather have pink to go with pink flamingos on the porch and front lawn.

Silversport, that was a nice amp, no need to apologize!

I am with Michael, I thought Silver was traditional and black was that new fangled stuff!

In reality for me though, it is how it sounds not how it looks. I don't see what color it is with my ears[:P]

I have a dream of one day when an audio component will be judged by the quality of its audio output rather than the color of it's face plate[;)]