HDTV - WOW!

jdm56

...you may even find your self watching some strange stuff just because it looks pretty...

Heck, when I first got mine, I lost untold hours of sleep as I would find myself sitting up way past bedtime watching whatever HD programing that was on... I even watched "Tour DeGourge" LOL

• Moderators

I also found the 1080i looks better, tried both settings,Toshiba 65H84 with Dish network and Voom [ leftover Voom channels] thru DISH.

Although some HD channels look better than others could be the content or the cameras ?

How do they take old movies and show them in HD? Some of the old movies look like real HD and the movies were made way before HD ,If you rented some these old movies even the DVD would look terrible,how do they clean them up so much?

• Moderators

Thanks ,had a feeling it was something like that.

If all the rest would go thru that much trouble or at least film and broadcast in HD everything would look great,It's like they are fighting to keep the old standard. You would think the tv makers would be pushing more.

If people are watching things they normally wouldn't just because it's in HD it proves they want HD and they make $ on commercials so every channel to jump to HD has more people watching and watching commercials also.

I could sit and stare at it all day! Is this a typical reaction?

My answer to this is "YES". I have had mine for over 3 years now, and I can still say I get more and more impressed each time I watch it. Watced Olympic Ice Hockey on Sunday on Universal HD, I was so impressed - even three years later.

Congrats, and welcome to the HDTV Family.

Don't be scared to see if 1080i looks better too. I know 720p the p = progressive and means everything on... but sometimes shot in 1080i i=interlaced on cable and it will look fantastic maybe even better? try it either way.

HDTV I believe is 720p for most people by definition.. Not all channels are created equal too. Just enjoy it and experiment too to what YOU like. Def buy a setup disk to tweak it. I also have a DVD player that will up convert it also a must, like a Denon 2910. I highly suggest a deck that will do this too.

I have a 7210 Infocus DLP projector on a 106" Day Lite Cinema Tech screen, Black velvet sides. It looks pretty fantastic to me, in the 1080i settings.

The Olympic channel in High Def..OMG has been stunning. The audio placements Dolby Digital have been 1st rate for sure!!!

The native resoultion of our PJ is 720P, It down converts anything higher though I could give 1080i a try, the output from the tuner card is very versitile

whell wrote the following post at 02-20-2006 5:40 AM:

So, this weekend, this is what I purchased. It's a Hitachi 51" projection CRT set.

Hey, we're on the same wavelength! I looked at that set, but it went off sale before I was ready to bite -darn!

For anyone who can deal with the size, there are gonna be some great deals in hi-def CRT rear projectors over the next couple of years.

Okay,

Help me out here. If I get an HD ready television, I will still need to get a DVR from my cable provider so I can get the HD signal?

If it's only "HD ready" -no HD tuner on board, then you'll need some kind of hdtv tuner, but not necessarily a dvr. It depends on where you intend to get your hdtv signal from. Over the air, cable or satellite, or some combination thereof. We've got a Dish 411 sat receiver, which has a built in over-the-air hd tuner, but no dvr.

I just noticed they added that channel is it just for the Olympics or is it here to stay,I only seen ice hockey on it so far?

Only around till 02/28 with my Cable Provider - I guess it is just a promo with the Olympics.

I might be alone, but I hope Comcast either assigns UHD it's own channel or drops it...

While it's fine for viewing some of the Olympic action, I would much rather have my INHD2 return.... along with all of the HD concerts and other programming like "GO!" and "The Twilight Zone"