Dreamt about Klipsch last night

wuzzzer

Last night I dreamt that my brother wanted to go to this lady's house that he knew to show me the speakers she had. He said they were Klipschorn's and that she had even built false corners and everything for them.

Of course, my brother knows nothing about Klipsch, false corners, etc but since it was a dream all the characters that I interacted with obviously came from my subconscious. Anyway...we entered her trailer house and she wasn't home. So he walked into the living room and turned the stereo on LOUD! I didn't realize that things could sound so loud in a dream. I walked in the living room and thought to myself those look pretty small to be Klipschorn's, so I looked at the back and sure enough they were Shorthorns, false corners and all! I told him to grab a piece of paper so that I could write down the serial # and do some more research on them.

Just then she came home and wondered what in the world we were doing in her house. My brother talked to her for a little bit and then we left.

I had a dream too,I walk into someone's house.I hear loud music blast,I see a wall of black heritage speakers.A man with a strange haircut sits in a large chair and yells at me..."What are you doing in my house?" I answer surprised..." I do not know I heard this loud music and walked in,what is your name?" the strange haircut man responds "Get the hell outta my house,BTW I am Colter and these are MY speakers all mine". All of a sudden I hear a loud thumping noise,Colter grabs his double barrel bear gun and walks to his living room window,opens it and yells "Hey you,the kid with the THX cap,GET OUTTA MY HEARING RANGE or else" ...then aims and KABOUM... silence...I wake up

[:P]

I had a dream the other night....I was in that state just before I was nodding off to sleep when I realized the amp switcher I was building would only work for one channel! Dunno how I let that one slip by...Of course I could no longer sleep until I fixed the design.

I've got about 40 other speaker designs that have all come about the same way - and about 14 or so other inventions. I've had a few more, but I didn't start writing them down right away and so I completely forget when I wake up the next morning. It's a bummer because 3 of the speaker designs and 6 of the inventions have since hit the market since I drew them up [:(]

One of these days I'll eventually have enough money to build some of these things, but by then they will all have come to the market already and then I'll be old without that child's imagination and won't come up with any more ideas...

But ya, I have a lot of dreams about speakers....dunno if that's a good thing or not, lol. Apparently I'm not the only one though! [:D]

Are you stressing over your speakers? Are you anticipating a purchase?

I think if I ever brought some more speakers into my house after buying my RF-7s my wife might never speak to me again.

Not really stressing, just still looking for ways to improve their sound through acoustic room treatments and possible crossover upgrades.

Not really stressing, just still looking for ways to improve their sound through acoustic room treatments and possible crossover upgrades.

Well at least you're on the right track!

Be sure to keep us posted...I love seeing the handywork of others (and I'm sure they enjoy showing off too) [;)]