My first step toward a Heritage HT, might sell a single Heresy

whtboy

I got a pair of Cornwalls a month or two ago. I'm powering them with a Yamaha Natural Sound AV receiver. I listened to some new Klipsch reference speakers yesterday and there was no comparison.

I picked up a pair of Heresies last week. They are a little abused - the grill cloth is pretty tore up and there are water and paint stains on the cabinets.

I'm going to recloth the grills today. I've got one Heresy installed now as a center channel but I still need to get something for the rear/surround speakers.

How much do single Heresies normally sell for? I'm *thinking* about selling the remaining Heresy, otherwise I might just use it to play music while I play drums.

-Jacob

Right now I'm using the Klipsch sub until my buddy takes it back. I've also got an Adire Shiva in a homemade box which I've been powering with a spare receiver plugged into the LFE out of my Yamaha.

I'm still looking for surrounds. I'll prolly just pickup something cheap off craigslist for now.

Hehehe, yeah, my buddy suggested that too, but he was joking b/c he saw how small the room is. It's probably 12x15'.

I'd like to do that, but it would be pretty tight, esp in the left rear corner b/c that's the front door of my house, and the door is competing for space for a decent mounting location.

My friend suggested using a pair of these for surrounds:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001H6DLM/ref=nosim/102-7091663-7822529?n=172282

wh,

If room/space is not an issue, I would use the Heresy(s) as you rear speakers, and get another

Cornwall for your Center/front speaker........ that way you would Not necessarily need a Sub.

Just an Idea!

I second what Bill said about the Herseys for surrounds and another CW for the front. I went down several paths that finally took me there before I was truely satisfied.

However, you will still need a sub for true 5.1.

I completely forgot about my Cambridge SW Ensembles. Ran some wires, hooked em up.... sounds pretty sweet. I'm sure 3 corns and heresies in back would be a lot better, but this is a helluva lot better than anything I've ever owned before =)

No surprise, I've got surprise visitors tonight who decided to order pizza and stay for dinner and a movie =)

Since 70% of the movie comes from the center do what I use to.

I had a KLF-C7 center between La Scalsas, SB 3s as rears, and a RSW 12. Turned the left and right speakers to small and put the center to large. Then I increased the center volume a couple of numbers.

This way your CW will not be sent the deep bass your sub can do that and your center will still be getting the deep bass. You will have to get a movie with really good surround effects so you can raise and lower the volumes on the speakers until you get a match.

That is a lot of work so if you can get a CW for the center much easier the way. What I told you will work but it is a lot of work to set it up.