I finally pushed the button and bought a Plasma!

D-Rex

I am finally getting the video of my system caught up with the audio! Yes, I know 1080p is right around the corner and SED projection TVs will supposedly be the next toast of the town. It would be years before they will be affordable for me anyway so, in the meantime, I have purchased a Toshiba 42" and should be setting it up sometime after next Tuesday.

Whoo Hoo!!

D

D,

Congrats, if I remember correctly you already have HDTV there! So it is all Good. Post some Pics

when you get your system setup!.......

I will most definitely post some pics! I owe this site alot for the help that has been provided to me concerning my speakers and now my television. Just a year and a half ago, I owned a 12 year old pioneer system purchased from Best Buy and a 32" Magnovox. Since then I have "poored" over $5K into my HT system (including my recent plasma purchase) and feel it will serve me well for many, many years to come.

I still have to contact either Cox or DirectTV to get my HDTV but, in the meantime, I have a stockpile of movies I have been waiting to watch (Batman Begins, Matrix Revolutions, Wallace and Gromit) and numerous other movies like LOTR Trilogy, Star Wars, etc. that I am dying to watch on my new TV!

Wow, I never knew it would feel so good and so bad to spend $3K. I mean, I have had less stress buying $20K cars than I have had trying to buy this TV. I guess financing a car out over 5 years makes it feel less like you are spending that much money. Regardless, I will be much more prudent on my next car purchase just because of the experience I gained trying to make this purchase.

I waited for 2 months and finally saved $600 for my time and effort, plus another $140 in cash back and 6 months no payments or interest. Yep, they were practically giving them away! [:o]

Take care,

D

Congratulations on the new plasma.[:)] My Dad recently got a Panasonic plasma and the picture on it is fantastic! Enjoy.

Panasonic was my first choice but Toshiba was my wife's first choice... [:|] ... Well, I think it was a no lose either way, I just happened to find a deal on the Toshiba that tilted me in my wife's direction. I am sure I would have eventually tilted that way anyways... [:D]

D

Congrats...

I purchased my Panasonic 42 inch plasma over three years ago. Paid only $2700 from it, and would do buisness with them again. Needless to say, its not high def, but... NOBODY CAN TELL. It has been great. Not a problem.

My soon to be father in law paid over 5k for an LG 50 inch plasma 6 months ago. He built it into some intricate woodworking, (columns and mantle) above the fireplace of his newly built house. Well, 3 months into it, it has a whole line of pixels out. So he contacted LG, and the offered to replace it with the current modle. GUESS WHAT: the new modle has speakers built in, and doesent fit between the columns. HE IS PISSED. So, thankfully, they gave him the 5K back, BUT, he has no tv. Plus, he wont buy a black bezeled Panasonic, because of the WAF. He is sceeeerewed.

Panasonic is the leader in Plasma technology. I swear by em.

Good luck!

I just got the Panasonic EDTV myself, nice set. Really looks good watching DVD's. This unit is now under $2000. and BJ's warehouse just had them for $1699. that's a sweet price. They are so thin and you don't need an army of friends to move it around. I like mine, what I wanted for the price I didn't mind paying. Concert DVD's sure look good on it. Enjoy yours!!

Now all you need is an updscaling dvd player to realy injoy that new display. They make a huge differnce and displays like yours.

Congrats on the new tv.

I bought an Oppo about a week ago. I understand they are coming out with a new version later this Spring that is HDMI to HDMI so no need for a seperate audio cable. Well, that's what I hear anyway, but I think this one will work fine for me.

I recently bought a regular Panasonic DVD player/recorder as well so I planned to try them both out and see if the upconverting player is worth the extra coin. I had just heard such great things about the Oppo that I had to give it a try.

Thanks,

D