Upgrade question?? RC-3 to RC-7???

jdant

I currently have 2- RF-3's, 2- RS-3's, RC-3, and a RSW-10 with a Denon 3805. I have a chance to buy a Cherry RC-7 for $399 brand new on closeout. If I make the purchase, I would take the RC-3 I currently have and move it to my rear center and make the new RC-7 my new front center speaker. Would this really make a BIG Difference in the way my system sounds. I listen to 20% music and 80% movies and TV. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Has anyone actually compared the two, or made the switch between the RC-3 and the RC-7????

From all accounts I have read, I must say DO IT (this coming from an RC3II owner myself).

Much clearer voices (apparently) and a more dynamic cc is never a bad thing. The only thing you need to worry about is timbre matching as I'm not sure how well the bottom of the reference line matches with the flagship. $400 is an incredible deal too. It would be tough to pass that up.

My two cents based on others opinions. Remember I have never A/B'd the two.

Good luck.

Do not pass "Go", do not collect $200 dollars; run-don't-walk to the store and go get that RC-7. I had the -35 series (like your rc-3 no slouch), but the improvement in upgrading to the rc-7 was one of the largest single upgrades I've done. Especially for movie dialogue (and even more for off-axis listening).

Seriously, you will not regret it.

I went from an RC3 II to an RC-7. I also had plans to keep my RC3 II as a rear surround but I just didn't have the space to keep it. The RC3 II is an excellent center channel but the RC-7 is a significant improvement. I wouldn't hesitate to spend the $400 for a brand new one. You could use it for years and then, when you go to sell it, you would probably be able to make a Benjamin or two!

Take care,

D

Thanks to all that replied!! I bought the RC-7 yesterday and I'm not really imprressed at all!!!

Yeah right!!! THis may be the single best purchase I have ever made at $400. All I can say is kick ***!!!

The second I hooked it up I noticed a difference Thanks