Difference between Monster HTS3500/ HTS2000

brokenarrow1

Well, you could just look it up for yourself, but I'll save you the trouble. [;)]

Here's the specs on the 3500:

Cable Length:

8 ft

Equipment Protection Insurance:

Max Surge Energy Rating:

2775 joules

Number of Power Outlets:

Protected Connectors:

Coaxial (RF), Serial - RJ-11 Modular-style (Phone)

Height:

4 in

Width:

17 in

Depth:

12 in

Weight:

9 lbs

Warranty Information:

5 Year Limited Warranty

And here's the specs on the 2000:

Cable Length:

8 ft

Equipment Protection Insurance:

Max Surge Energy Rating:

2775 joules

Number of Power Outlets:

Protected Connectors:

Coaxial (RF), Ethernet - RJ-45 Modular-style (XBaseT), Serial - RJ-11 Modular-style (Phone)

Height:

3.5 in

Width:

27 in

Depth:

9.375 in

Warranty Information:

Lifetime Limited Warranty

Seriously, the HTS2000 looks like something more of a "power strip" with some surge protection. The HTS3500 is more of a "power conditioner", has more noise filtering and surge protection capability from what I can figure, more of a "shelf" or rack type unit.

http://www.monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=1900

http://www.monstercable.com/productShowResultsPower.asp

Noise "filtering" is different from "joules" as in surge protection from large voltage spikes. From what I can tell, the 3500 has more "filtering" capabilities. Better "conditioning" comes more from the filtering, AC line voltage has "noise" and distortions too.

You can use them both. I use several stages of surge protection and power conditioning, along with a regulated power supply. I wouldn't consider it a "replacement". As your system grows and grows I'm sure you'll find need for the old one.

Only you can decide that. Conditioners effect on sound quality is way overrated IMHO (overrated both from the negative and positive points of opinion IMO). Its primarily just insurance. How much do you need? How much do you want? How much do you want to pay? Everyone is different. I now have more invested in power conditioning and regulation than my first really good component stereo system cost in 1972. Its all relative. IMO other basic things are more important like having everything ground at only one outlet/location, let all the other grounds float.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I seen this post and just wanted to let you know that I purchased one of these a couple weeks ago from OneCall.com. http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?sHist=19-1%24hts3500&showAdvanced=true&id=29477. I didn't have any problems with them at all and with the rebate it's under $100. Hopes this helps you out. All this is my first post, cool site.

I bought the 3500 and am very happy with it FOR THE PRICE...looks great and if it works as it is supposed to, great baragain...I think today is the last day for the rebate...purchased by today...I was thinking about picking up a second one...my other stuff has Panamax 5100s.

Bill

I am certainly not the expert here but I would guess you have just added a layer of protection and the 2000 would "go" first should there be a spike...I just couldn't pass up what I thought was a great deal on a decent at the very least surge/spike/line filter...

Bill