Anyone PMP certified?

jagangjee

Looking into this certification and I was curious to know if anyone on this forum is PMP certified?

If so could you comment on your experiences pertaining to preparation for the exam and the exam in general. Overall difficulty, how much time did you spend to prepare for it. Was it difficult to pass the first time? Just curious to see what the overall response is from a non-PM based forum.

Thanks!

JAG

Guess not, I don't even know what PMP is.

What is it?

PMP - Project Managment Professional. It is a certification that is given to indivuduals who manage larger scale IT projects. Similar to what a CPA is to accountants. In today's world so many people are Project Managers in IT, but it is difficult to gauge who is a credited PM and who was just given the title of a PM. So to differentiate, an individual who is PMP certified holds more weight for client or project engagements then someone who is not.

Wasn't sure what (if any) response I would get, but figured it was worth a shot, never know. Thanks anyway!

JAG