Anyone interested in a Central Texas or a Texas Klipsch Gathering?

jbsl

Sure bring the speakers, amps, preamps, etc! That's the whole point of this thing Klipsch speakers, equipment and meeting local(Texas) forum members.

Travis offered to host it so I sent him a email to go over the details and verify some things with him.

So once I hear from him I will make his place, Austin, TX, and the weekend of June 3-4 the official statement.

Also don't forget to bring everyones favorite albums. Might want to narrow it down to 5 of your favorite best recorded albums. That way everything we listen to will be the best recorded music. No reason to waste time with albums that may be good or even great music but poorly recorded.

Once we have a list of people who are coming we can make a list of equipment and speakers people can bring.

VRDs and other good tube amps, maybe a Peach or Blueberry and other good tube preamps, maybe a good tube cd player, I have a Luxman int I use as a preamp that I'm bringing and any other good solid state amps, preamps, might bring my Moondogs to compare to the Paramours.

Next month I will make maps and directions for everyone coming from Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or any other direction.

James

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in .. I got a wife and 2 kids that wont survive the trip to Hope .. and cant really go alone .. but still working on it ... but shit Texas will work for me ..

San Antonio ... Austin ... that would be kool

Austin March 29th --- Bela Fleck and the FleckTones

San Antonio April 2nd -- Tim Reynolds

shit Im there for that too !!!

if we can all get something going lets do it ...

Okay now we need to decide which day. Sat June 3 or Sunday June 4.

Sat June 3 might work better for the people coming in out of town. They will have Sunday June 4 off to relax before they have to start the new week.

So Sat June 3 will be the date unless a majority of people coming prefer Sunday.

James

Travis you did let your wife know about this right? Thank her for us it is very nice of both of you to host this get together!!

Travis has agreed to host the animal pack , I mean Texas Klipsch Gathering and his house is in Austin so yes Austin is the official city.

Travis and I are going to go over the logistics this weekend and will post info next week.

Probably a week before June 3 I will email directions and maps to everyone.

James

I see how you guys are! Don't look at the board for a few days and

ya'll are planning a party without me. Count me in. I'm in 78704 right

next to Barton Springs(bring your trunks if you wan't to take a dip at

the "coolest" swimming hole in Texas). I can bring my rebuilt Dynaco

MKIIIs and Cornwalls if need be.

Now I posted this on March 9 so you need to check the forum more often!! Glad to have you on the list!

Travis said he has La Scalas upstairs and a room downstairs that we can use just need someone to bring some extra speakers(HInt, HInt). Bring the Dynaco MKIIIs and anything else.

We may need to make a equipment list to make sure no one is bringing the same equipment.

Can everyone who is interested in coming send me a email, please put Klipsch Gathering in the title, so I can start with a list of people that for now might come.

Then a week before I will send out email and confirm who really is coming.

I'm still interested, and If I come (from Dallas), I'll probably bring one or

two sons-in-law who live in and near Austin... at least the one with

the Heresys.

Maybe I'll bring his Heresys and my battery powered Sonic Impact T-amp for a truly odd combo.

• Moderators

I see how you guys are! Don't look at the board for a few days and ya'll are planning a party without me. Count me in. I'm in 78704 right next to Barton Springs(bring your trunks if you wan't to take a dip at the "coolest" swimming hole in Texas). I can bring my rebuilt Dynaco MKIIIs and Cornwalls if need be.

Would love to have you, and your corns and MKIII's even more, they will go perfect in the downstairs operation.

Travis

Ray it will be great to have you at this thing and it sounds like a great way to spend your BDay!!

We have not figured out what the food and drinks will be but we will let everyone know once we figure it out.

When I get together with Travis we will work out the details and see what he wants to do since it is his house.

Anyone who plans to come please send me a email so I can add you to a list and then I can send you updates as I have them.

• 2 weeks later...

Kool .. I guess I will be going ... I am planning on taking the Family with me .. I can hang out they can go to the mall at Barton Creek to buy me something for my bday ....

just got back from Austin .. went and checked out Bela Fleck and the Flecktones at Stubbs they kicked ***...

now on my way to Kingsville to watch the Blue Angels and off to San Antonio for Sunday night with Tim Reynolds ...

what speakers will we be listening to ?

I have never heard a set of K-Horns and have always wanted to get me a pair to replace my Belles ... LOL .. NOT Im keeping my Belles and Heresy II .. but the KLF-30 must go.. if anyone interested I can throw them in the back of my truck and take them to Austin to sell them ...

thnks

• 1 month later...