Going To DREAM THEATER Concert Tonight!!!

nicholtl

Nice... I seen them on their first CD tour. Images and words. And get this, my buddy and I got back stage to meet them. After the concert there was this line forming. We just stood in it and wala... we got back stage. Incredible.

We'll be seeing them in Chicago in 1 week (3/18). We've never seen them before and really looking forward to it.

Nicholtl - I appreciate your Depeche Mode recommendation of their new album. It's freekin' beautiful and I can't get enough of it. Going to see them in May here.

So how are DT live anyway? I'd like to glean if it's best to be in the pit area or back a bit.

N - how was the show?

The show was amazing. 3 straight hours (well ok, not counting a 15 minute intermission where the men's bathroom line was out the door! There were only like, 2 women at the whole show!) of a progressive journey from their humble beginnings in 1992 all the way to 2005.

During each song they'd flash (on the 3 HUGE projection monitor behind them) images of that particular year, album cover, and their band photos at the time. Everyone from Derek Sherinian to Jordan Ruddess, John Petrucci to James LaBrie all in their full, leather-clad metal glory...

The sound system at the Hollywood Pantages theater was amazing, the booze was flowing, and the crowd was as diverse as candy is at The Sweet Factory. Skater high-schoolers, collegiate prepsters, middle-aged hippies, Nascar-cap-touting families from Houston, clubgoers from Vegas...

...All walks of life. It was awesome stuff.

post-12484-13819283990834_thumb.jpg

It was also funny how, when it came "encore time," instead of everyone holding out lighters, everyone busted out their cell phones to illuminate the otherwise cavernous-black auditorium. The place lit up from all those tiny LCD screens like a flame-thrower in a dungeon!

THAT'S how you know we're in the 21st century...

post-12484-13819283991324_thumb.jpg