For all you Power/Prog Metal fans! ProgPower USA VII!!

skonopa

Last summer, I posted a thread talking about my experience at ProgPower VI, and had a few folks telling me how they wished they'd known about the show.

Well, April 1st, at 10 am, tickets for ProgPower VII go on sale through the TicketBastard website. There will be ten more awesome bands playing in September at Earthlink Live. The tickets are going for $104 each plus whatever "rape" charges TicketBastard will tack on (figure a good $130 or so total).

Of particular interst to me are Evergrey, Vision Divine, Thunderstone, Pyramaze, and Jorn (who is the lead vocalist for bands such as Masterplan and ARK, both excellent bands in thier own right).

I definitely plan on going. Hope to see some of you there myself. However, if you do want to go, you gotta be right on those tickets, as there are only 900, and last year, they sold out in three days! I plan on being logged in and ready as soon as they go up at 10 am that morning (as I need to get two of the suckers).

Rock on!

Hey Steve, having just come out of a Dream Theater concert last night, I'm MOS DEF in the mood for more prog. metal!

But...where will this concert be held? Somewhere in the midwest? South? East coast? I seem to remember it wasn't on the West coast...?

Dream Theater concert? Oh, I am so envious, especially as I've yet to see them live myself.

The concert is in Atlanta, GA, at Earthlink Live.

The "ProgPower VII" word is a hot-link to the ProgPower USA website, with all the information, including the all the bands that are playing.

I've flown there myself from D.C. and took the subway up to the mid-town area. The subway stop was only a couple blocks from the Earthlink Live venue as well as the hotel I stayed at.

I've already made up my mind that I am going.

Hey Steve, having just come out of a Dream Theater concert last night, I'm MOS DEF in the mood for more prog. metal! But...where will this concert be held? Somewhere in the midwest? South? East coast? I seem to remember it wasn't on the West coast...?

Dream Theater concert? Oh, I am so envious, especially as I've yet to see them live myself.

The concert is in Atlanta, GA, at Earthlink Live.

The "ProgPower VII" word is a hot-link to the ProgPower USA website, with all the information, including the all the bands that are playing.

I've flown there myself from D.C. and took the subway up to the mid-town area. The subway stop was only a couple blocks from the Earthlink Live venue as well as the hotel I stayed at.

I've already made up my mind that I am going.

Simone Simon's group Epica is playing as well? DAMN! Thats cool man... and Evergrey!

I envy you Skonopa, you've seen some great list of metal bands, but in order to return the envy I'm seeing Dream Theater in 10 days (march 22nd). And the best part, no crappy opening bands, just 3 straight hours of pure DT dosage! Its gonna be mind-boggling :D wonder how it'll compare to Kamelot's performance..mmm...

I envy you Skonopa, you've seen some great list of metal bands, but in order to return the envy I'm seeing Dream Theater in 10 days (march 22nd). And the best part, no crappy opening bands, just 3 straight hours of pure DT dosage! Its gonna be mind-boggling :D wonder how it'll compare to Kamelot's performance..mmm...

The closest Dream Theater will be is in Philadephia on the 29th. I'd love to go, but there is no way I could pull it off now. At least ProgPower is far enough in the future I can adequetly plan for it.

And speaking of Kamelot, that tuesday right after I get back from ProgPower (the 19th of September), they are scheduled to play together with Epica right up there in Springfield at Jaxx. I so plan on going to that show. That ought to be awesome! For seeing some good metal bands, it certainly does not hurt to have a sweet little metal club but 45 minutes from here that manages to get some awesome acts in there. (Gamma Ray coming up in May, for example).

I'm seeing Gamma Ray in may as well, though I can't remember the date off the top of my head. Or was it june? My friend is responsible to get the tickets.

Simone Simons sang for Kamelot, and man.. shes a HOTTIE! ;-) Kamelot put on a good show, the venue they chose was kind of small/cramped and the sound was merely OK but the show itself was very nice. They played a good mix of songs from various albums, especially the last three Karma, Epica and The Black Halo. I'd love to see Epica live, will check if they're coming up to Canada anytime soon. I haven't heard a lot from them. If I ever travel to europe, I'll time it so I can go to one of their metal music festivals in Germany or somewhere, they have so many across the Atlantic and their line-ups are always fantastic.

Simone Simons sang for Kamelot, and man.. shes a HOTTIE! ;-) Kamelot put on a good show, the venue they chose was kind of small/cramped and the sound was merely OK but the show itself was very nice. They played a good mix of songs from various albums, especially the last three Karma, Epica and The Black Halo. I'd love to see Epica live, will check if they're coming up to Canada anytime soon. I haven't heard a lot from them. If I ever travel to europe, I'll time it so I can go to one of their metal music festivals in Germany or somewhere, they have so many across the Atlantic and their line-ups are always fantastic.

That Kamelot show was awesome, wasn't it? I did see them when they were here this past November, and it had to of been one of the most incredible shows I've seen come through that place in a long time. I can only imagine what the Epica/Kamelot show is going to be like, but that is not till September. Actually, now I think about it, it is kinda ironic here. Kamelot has an album called Epica, and they are planning on playing with a band called Epica [H]

I'd love to go to Europe to go to one of those metal music festivals myself. Perhaps, someday.....

In Atlanta, you say? Hmm...that might be in the cards then, since it'll give me an excuse to visit my brother who now works at Emory Hospital down there, along with dropping in on my ex who now hates my guts...

Gift her a ticket to Prog Power fest, that ought to smooth out the hate ;)

A very close friend of mine just got his first engineering job and his job took him down to Atlanta for a month or more starting yesterday. First thing I did when I found out, rang him a call and told him to get his butt down to Prog Power.

• 3 weeks later...