ADS 2000 & PM's

hex21cc

I also am interested in this question. If anyone can provide a link or explicity describe the process, in layman's terms, that would be of great benefit. I for one, am simply starting to read so much info it's strating to jumble up and make no sense.

"I need a memory upgrade my friend, from CRUCIAL!"

(That damn guy sure is annoying, no?)

your s/pdif, does AC3 passthru & stereo s/pdif. None of the cards I've seen will give you A3D or EAX or any surround other than AC3 or maybe DTS passthru to an external decoder.

The 2000 can accept the front and rear analog output for game surround, and use the s/pdif input to decode the AC3 but not the DTS surround. The Panasonic decoder will decode the DTS sound.

Win-DVD or Power-DVD will both give you 4-channel mixdown w/ghost center channel on any cheap soundcard with front & rear outs.

But for under a $100, it takes that load off your cpu and gives you a remote.

You connect your AE card to the ADS box in 2 ways. You use the s/pdif to play AC3 surround sound thru your decoder. This will not decode DTS surround.

Second, you connect the analog outputs from the AE board, using RadioShack, to the first analog inputs of the ADS box. You do this to use of the game surround, A3D, and all the 4 channel imaging effects.

You should set the AE for 4 channel mixdown, and the ADS to 4 channel/ no lfe channel output to the pro's miniplugs with more RadioShack.

You can then use the remote to switch between movies and comp/games, ect.