Need a A/V stand to hold 60" SXRD Sony with a RC-7 below

jdant

This is a Bell'o rack. My A/V dealer has this same rack with a 60" Sony on it. Only thing is, is I had to "drop" in the RC7 with the top TV shelf off first, and am unable to put on the grill. I do not mind the grill being off though.

post-16822-13819284010404_thumb.jpg

Jdant

I was looking at a dlp monitor on the HP website today. They show a related product which is

a stand capable of holding a center and components. I didn't look at the measurements though.

The tv was 58".

JT

Take a look at the Bello AVS 425. I recently purchased it about a month ago at best buy. You will have to check the specs to see if the stand will handle the weight on top for your tv. I have a 42" rear projection on it and the RC 7 underneath on middle shelf. The RC 7 just fits. My amp and pre amp on the bottom shelf. I might be pushing the wieght limit. LOL.

Ray

Actually I just got the deal of a lifetime!! Warning this could make you sick-

I saw the 60" SXRD on sale at FRY'S Electronics for $3,499. The 50" was the same price???

I asked the salesman if the price was right and he said yes. I didn't like their warranty-no bulb replacement- so I went to Best Buy and they matched the price with a bulb warranty- 4 year -$400

The sale ended at FRY'S this past Tuesday- I'm sure another sale will come along soon somewhere!

I have a gusdorf stand, I don't here much mention of their stands anywhere but I have one for my tv and one for my audio rack. Alot less expensive than bello, and the looks are very upscale. The tv one houses my tv my rc-7 and my velodyne sms-1 on seperate racks below my tv. They have one for small tv's (mine) and they have the identical one for large tv's that would fit yours. If you want to look at the one I have search for me on the avs forum, my handle is rushisrighton, and check out my system in my signature.

Jdant & kj5dq:

How was the Sony (1080P) being demonstrated at Circuit City or Best Buy? With the

Sony HD-DVR or the in house stuff? Curious because at Circuit City here they used the in house stuff I asked them to use the Sony Demo and it was spectacular for a 50" set. Somebody at the store always switched the Sony back to the in house demo which made it look the same as the other sets.

JJK

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=SALTV65B&product_name=Archetype%2065%22-Wide%20Three-Shelf%20Rack%20in%20Black

i use this with my 60" sony kdfe60a20.... the middle shelf is completely adjustable all the way up or down......

i looked long and hard for a stand that was wide enough for the tv with an adjustable shelf, and this was really the only option anywhere near a reasonable price

When I went in they had a Sony disc in. It was unreal how clear and defined it was. Then we switched to Comcast HD cable, It was great compared to all of the other models on display with the same channel on them. Then we went to Fox for the last few laps of the NASCAR race; on the 60 but it was not in the full screen setting for that level of display and he could not get it changed to the full screen. It was very impressive at all levels of the display.

The 35" Trinitron I have now has issues and will be replaced in the near future; I just have to decide on where I will get one from. I have been checking on the internet for the best deal; I just havent had the time this week to really spend the time I need to on it. I will do a lot of searching this weekend and may have to go and window shop some more.

Of course the sales guy started talking about the surround sound systems to go with the Sony. After a while I let him know what I have sitting at home. It was fun watching the expression on his face as I was telling him about the Old School setup. Later Bill

...The 35" Trinitron I have now has issues and will be replaced in the near future; I just have to decide on where I will get one from. I have been checking on the internet for the best deal; I just havent had the time this week to really spend the time I need to on it. I will do a lot of searching this weekend and may have to go and window shop some more.. Later Bill

I saw the 50" Sony SXRD on sale at my local Sears last week for $2799.00 with 12 months 'same-as-cash' financing..... my jaw dropped