JBL L250Ti's - Whatare they worth? (Duke? Anyone?)

4 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Congratulations @tigerwoodKhorns. I know how difficult these are to acquire. Welcome to the club. Good to see I am not the only one running JBL and Klipsch rooms. I run Chorus II's also.

Here is how I am set up currently. It is a small room, so compromise is required. They just sound so much better in there than in the open concept upstairs.

20190307_110552 (1).jpg

I am not looking forward to the long days ahead when I begin the process of uninstalling, disassembling 14 jbl tweeters, removing, cleaning, replacing the speaker foam inserts, final reassembly, and then reinstalling. Fortunately all of the foam vent plugs in all of my JBL woofers have been removed and replaced with metal screens. I have had all my JBL woofers professionally rebuilt by Bill at AudioVentures in Waukesha, WI. Along with the foam surrounds, he also replaces the spiders, regaps the coils, and installs new dustcaps. If you are thinking about doing anything with those crossovers, better start saving up now. I am adding a pic of the stock JBL 250TI crossover for those out of the loop. Please note: on the second pic is 3.466KG. That's 7.641LB stock.

4.jpg.98705fd1e8fec1ec38d06eef31ce920b.jpg

26.thumb.jpg.c6efad4a1f2dd43525873a7765c201f9.jpg

189599=12437-JBL250Ti-6.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, 314carpenter said:

Congratulations @tigerwoodKhorns. I know how difficult these are to acquire. Welcome to the club. Good to see I am not the only one running JBL and Klipsch rooms. I run Chorus II's also.

Here is how I am set up currently. It is a small room, so compromise is required. They just sound so much better in there than in the open concept upstairs.

20190307_110552 (1).jpg

My JBLs are dry and I want to oil them.   

What do you use for the teak 250tis? 

They are indoors and upstairs and it is way too hot to keep the windows opened this time of the year.

Is Teak Oil or rejuvenating oil a good start? 

Had a pair of those given to me. Both the lf driver surrounds were shot, had a local guy redo them for $150 each. Bottoms of cabinets were shot, ended up selling for $1200.00. Sounded great, just power hungry.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

On 3/10/2019 at 1:20 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

No, the deal from 13 years ago didn't happen so I got my first pair yesterday.  But I have wanted a pair since I first saw and heard them as a kid at a stereo store.  My first speakers were JBL L60T's.  Bought new at age 19.  Should never have sold them. 

L19s for me..

50 years ago. ..😀

54 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Watco oil

I have not had a chance to research this, but the Watco Tung oil is supposed to be glossy and not darken wood, so that appears to be what I want at this point.  Is it stinky?

Fumes bother me and as of today, our AC is working like crazy so we cannot open the windows.