Post a Picture of yourself thread

ancientdude

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chops, not just the pound but many tracks and handlers just put them down and that is a pure crime in my book[:@]

rplace, you sir are a good samaritan and I think Clint still looks to be in fine shape and quite happy by the snapshot!

I have owned 2 whippits and a Basenji which is really not a coursing hound but very similar and they are great pets and awesome with children[:)]

For inquiring minds[:D] http://www.netpets.com/dogs/reference/breedinfo/sighthounds.html

Greyhounds, Salukis, Basenjis (sp), Afghans, Whippets...all the sight hounds are great dogs and magnificent looking IMHO

We (wife and I) used to do some work for a greyhound rescue group. Really cool to see 20-30 of them together. Quite a range in size too, from about 40lbs up to 110. Size does not seem to matter they are all fast.

Some tracks/trainers are very dedicated to finding all dogs a home. Others treat them like a piece of equipment and as soon as they stop producing they are killed. Tragic, very sad. [:(]

I can't say enough good things about the 8-10 greyhounds I have had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with. They really make great pets...and don't require a lot of exercise like most would think. They really are quite lazy except for about 10 minutes a day when they seem to explode with energy. Then just a quickly as they got riled up they are back to sleeping. Now eating is another story. My guy is a chow-hound. I bet he would eat a 20lb bag of food without coming up for air if I let him.

This is where we got our dog http://www.nittanygreyhounds.org/ Check out the link for available dogs. You will want one[:D]

Here are some lucky dogs on a road trip.

Elaine-DogsRoom.jpg

Greyhounds are beautiful dogs, at the Beaches area in Toronto a crowd of Greyhound owners gather every weekend morning and let their dogs run around. They're very graceful runners, always have a blast watching them play around. I've never seen a greyhound at the Beaches that wasn't exploding with energy. I've always loved dogs, can't wait till the day I can finally own one. I've alwayed had a special liking for huskies and bernese mountain dogs.

Greetings from the land of Excess , my head [*-)]

That doesn't look like such a bad place to be. I often dream of red 71 Cuda's as well. Is that an IROC R/T Daytona at the bottom of the pic? I used to have a black one. That car was fast, fast, fast! Greetings from a fellow Mopar guy.

Jeremy

Greetings from the land of Excess , my head [*-)]

That doesn't look like such a bad place to be. I often dream of red 71 Cuda's as well. Is that an IROC R/T Daytona at the bottom of the pic? I used to have a black one. That car was fast, fast, fast! Greetings from a fellow Mopar guy.

Jeremy

Jeremy , I'm paticularly fond of the 66 Charger running into my head . In fact I have one in my garage . I bought it in Az many years ago . It was originaly a 361 BB car , it now has a 67 440 in it , with the rare closed chamber #915 heads . Willy ps - Sorry thats a Porsche 928 in the bottom pic .

This is me, when the Mrs. and I lived in Italy.

Is that in Florence, where you took your picture at ? I just returned from there (8 months ago) and that pic setting looks familiar.

Yeah, that's Florence. The pic was taken from the big statue of David on the hill overlooking the city...We were lucky enough to be stationed in Naples for three years, and this was one of our many weekend excursions. I would go back in a heartbeat, Italy is that wonderful! You know, when you live in a place that others only dream about visiting, you get kind of jaded..."Honey, you want to go to Florence again?" It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Dale