Idiot question #1

Ok - attached so-called "crappy art" found. But I've drawn and posted much worse than that...

Presuming that you are talking horizontal as in the picture below...

The difference is that the angles will cause less cabinet diffraction.

Generally better than a flat baffle. Concept was originated with Olson in the 1930's while at RCA.

If not, curving vertical will not gain you much unless you reverse the curve (i.e., the Wilson thing).

DM

post-13458-13819284157954_thumb.jpg

It would have more effect on the sides, rather than top and bottom (due to floor reflection). That is, the floor reflection is going to be there anyway regardless of the angle of the baffle at that point... no amount of diffraction changes will effect that, so most ignore it on the bottom for that reason.

The top and sides would still matter though.

DM

I agree with D-Man's comments about the effects that a curved board would have.

Irrespective of the specifics of that issue, it illustrates a more general benefit of DIY. Many subtleor not so subtleimprovements are commercially impractical, e.g., curved baffle boards, flush mounted horns, etc. A DIYer can take the time to build a more complex enclosure, flush mount drivers and horns, mount T-35/K-77s vertically, make enclosures in mirror images, etc. What might not have made, A dimes worth of difference to PWK, i.e., what was not commercially practical in the large scale manufacturing sense, is reasonable for the hobbyist to undertake to get the maximum out of the effort on a one-off basis.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />