I just discovered DVD Music Videos tonight................

Cut-Throat

As it happens though - we get a classical music TV channel on the Satellite and I often watch that - although the selected performances aren't always the best.

Max, is that the US's ARTS, or Classic Arts Showcase, channel? That one is available free of charge in the US, but users can't advertise, which means we only see it on public cable channels after midnight. Interesting story.

Larry

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Larry I dont know those channels. It is a French Channel called Mezzo that offers a mix of classical, jazz and opera performances. Generally the Jazz is in the early hours with Opera and classical dominating the evening slots (suits me). There are a lot of ballets on there during the day too - ideal for my daughter.

There used to be another channel (Musique Classique) that I got for a while but now it is encoded and not a part of my package.

Also recently picked up Eagles Farewell Concert (Melbourne) - and it was beautifully recorded... get this.

Got mine a few months ago but it was a weird deal at <holding my breath> Walmart. The standalone album sticker says $24.99 (like most other places); but there are ones that are wrapped up with a bonus CD has a $12.99 listed price - You read it right, the album and a full length bonus CD for almost half of the regular price!

Also recently picked up Eagles Farewell Concert (Melbourne) - and it was beautifully recorded... get this.

Got mine a few months ago but it was a weird deal at <holding my breath> Walmart. The standalone album sticker says $24.99 (like most other places); but there are ones that are wrapped up with a bonus CD has a $12.99 listed price - You read it right, the album and a full length bonus CD for almost half of the regular price!

Yup! - This is not just for DVD's either. Pretty much all manufactured products. And the result will be:

That is why the Middle Class in America will soon be 'almost half of their regular standard of living'

interesting find - thats for sure... :)

I might add that I also bought this on HD-DVD on my way out the store with my HD-A2 - simply put - now it looks as stunning as it sounds... :) Really does have the quality of a studio recording, and looks like they are going to walk off the screen into my livingroom.

Yup! - This is not just for DVD's either. Pretty much all manufactured products. And the result will be:

That is why the Middle Class in America will soon be 'almost half of their regular standard of living'

I guess I didn't make it clear...both of those items were on the SAME shelf, sans the insane price difference.