Rolex (used but pristine with warranty) & Tag Heuer (NEW with warranty) for sale

Coytee

This coming from a guy who doesn't even

wear watches (that's what cell phones are for, hehe).....

How very true. I quit wearing a watch years ago. I do have a nice dress pocket watch, but I don't wear it all the time.

The Rolex is a great deal, guys! A current brand new all stainless steel ladies Rolex goes for $3000+!

The seller is correct, the bracelet on this Rolex (called the oyster bracelet) is a much more durable and much more modern looking bracelet than the jubilee bracelet (the one with the three small gold center links.) It is much less likely to stretch over time, and since the gold is solid 18k the entire watch can be refinished by almost any jeweler as many times as you'd like and can be made to look brand new forever.

The diamonds that Rolex uses in their watches are 'D' color and Flawless clarity. The whitest, clearest and brightest diamonds that nature produces. Even though the diamonds on the dial may be somewhat small, their quality makes them dress the watch up incredibly well.

Can you tell that I love watches? Can you tell that I also sell Rolexes? [:D]

since the gold is solid 18k the entire watch can be refinished by almost any jeweler as many times as you'd like and can be made to look brand new forever.

Not really. According to several goldsmiths I visited in NYC (47th St), after the corners round and the link bores/pins wear, bracelet replacement is about the only option I know to restore the quality of the Rolex machine made bracelet's original precision fit and finish.

Thanks for the verification Wuzzer!

As far as what Wuzzer & Vette said, I think it's a matter of details.

Both are right in that the all stainless watches and/or (solid) gold watches CAN be refinished and be made to "look" new HOWEVER, Corvette's comments about "original precision fit & finish" are also right (in my opinion) in that virtually ALL watches will over time, have their bands loosen up as the links get wear & tear. As such the bands won't be as precision fit & finished as a factory NEW band.

Dirt is a watchbands mortal enemy. Dirt gets inside the links and will act as abrasive to help speed up the 'stretching' of the links in virtually all watches (that are of link style). This watch is no exception. Everyone should clean your band every now & then. I know that I typically do mine once a month and my wife does hers more often. After a WEEK, I can take my watch & simply dunk it into a glass of hot water/ammonia mix and let it soak. After an hour, I can shake the watch while under and see "stuff" in there floating around (and I keep my watch cleaner than most people I know...well, actually more than anyone I know). If I wait longer intervals between cleanings, there's more "stuff". Watches don't like this "stuff" and it will help accelerate the wear of the inside of the links while every day wearing the watch will help wear the OUTSIDE of the links.

Any solid gold, stainless steel (or combo) can be refinished and brought to "look" new (depending on skills of who buffs them) but as Vette pointed out, that will NOT fix any of the wear on the INSIDE of the links that's caused by age/dirt.

The Wife & crew try to "upsell" people to buy the watches with this style of links because THEY know the other links will wear faster. These style bands cost more and as such, a lot of people won't do that. What they're missing in their thought process is, "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" because this style band will last a lot longer than the other style band (as explained by Wuzzer)

Anyways, lots of chat, no evident takers so I'll probably be putting it (them) on ebay tonight. If anyone is on the fence, you have I'd guess until 8/9:00 tonight to make comment to me before they're on their way to ebay.

[:D]

Coyotee!!

Beautiful watches, especially the Rolex. Would LOVE to buy it, but I just got my wife the full gold, w/o the diamond option on it.

Just a question, man. Why are you selling it. I've been dealing in watches, specifically Rolexes (as a hobby, mind you) for the past fifteen years, and it's been my experience that you always regret selling these things. And the way they hold their value... nothing like it.

Now if you were sellling it to pre order a Rolex Daytona.... That would be a whole different matter!! :)

What's the market price on that watch with that dial?

Fauzi

Hi Fauzi,

Nice choice for your wife!

Why selling: have you bought several amps and decided that as much as you might like one, it's just not the main one you keep returning to use? Same logic. She's got more $$ in watches than I do in amplifiers. Truth of the matter, she found a Baume Mercier (sp?) that is all stainless, diamonds down the sides of the face of the (rectangle) watch and she just prefers wearing it more. Why not let someone else enjoy her Rolex. (she's sold/given away 3 Tags, 2 Baume Merciers & 1 Swiss Army)

She's never been a Rolex fan thinking that they are just a bit too big for her tastes. She finally wore this one out of 'political pressure' at work. After she was there for several more years, she finally decided if they don't like it, they can...[A]

The one that she REALLY likes is their "Masterpiece". Fortunately for me, she's on the 'good' side of practical and as such, prefers to keep a cheaper (relatively speaking) watch and some cash on side. another example, she does NOT like store bought flowers. In 18 years of knowing her, I've NEVER EVER had to buy flowers for her. She thinks they are a waste of time & money. She'd MUCH rather go outside & cut her own so she can have her own fresh cut flowers. Said when we first met that if I ever bought flowers for her she'd slap me.

So guys... Valentines day, birthdays, Christmas, "just because", anniversarys... I've never ever had to buy a single floral arraingment for her!!! (nanny nanny)

As for a new one of similar design, I THINK the going price is about $7,000. I just called her & woke her up to ask [A] so its' possible her brain was still a bit cloudy.

Hey Coytee,

Got it! Must be nice to not have to worry about flowers! If I just think about how much per year I spend on it... Well, I prefer not to think about it. :)

Dude, just one question: If a new one sells for this much, a waranteed one is certainly worth (significantly) more than your reserve price. I don't know how the market runs over here, but in Pakistan, a used one (this is especially true for a rarer one like your wife's) is worth no less than 80% of the price of a new one.

I bought my Rolex Submariner after months and months of thinking about it, and finally bought it in 1999. Since then, at least in Paksitani Rupee terms, it's actually appreciated in value. (Now the rupee itself has depreciated since then, but that's a whole different story. But adding all the debits / credits, I just got an offer a month ago to sell it for more than I paid for it new.)

Oh well, good luck selling it. At least she's getting a nice watch to replace it. The Baume Mercier's certainly are beautful!! And hope you reconsider your reserve and end up getting a price that is more worth the watch!

Later,

Fauzi

"I bought my Rolex Submariner after months and months of thinking about it, and finally bought it in 1999. Since then, at least in Paksitani Rupee terms, it's actually appreciated in value. (Now the rupee itself has depreciated since then, but that's a whole different story. But adding all the debits / credits, I just got an offer a month ago to sell it for more than I paid for it new.)"

WOW! weird! do you need an exporter in the states? I'm your guy!

Clarence,

LOL! I am actually looking for an exporter. Send me a nice Rolex... Any watch, preferably $4000 and up, and I'll try to sell it after 4-6 years.

I can pm you my address! Hell, I'll come over and pick it up from you if you like!!!

Business-mindedly yours,

-Fauzi