SW-15II Subwoofer thump

klipsch

My sub has a very loud thump that happens when I switch inputs, turn the mute on/off and power on. This thump has happened on three different systems, two with high end receivers and one with seperates. It seems to be clear that it is isolated to the Subwoofer. The thump follows the volume control, the louder the volume, the louder the thump. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks,

Steven

I leave my sub on all the time and let the 'auto-switching' do the work when it senses input...

However, on those occasions when either there is a power failure or my wife 'manually' turn the sub off, about 5-10 seconds later, it lets out about a 70-75dB 'thump'

I could be wrong but I don't think the SW15 actually has an auto turn on and off. The amp stays powered on all the time but it just sits and idles when there is no input signal. I'm pretty sure that is correct but if somebody know for sure please let me know!

RAD you are correct.

The older SW series subs do not have an auto on/off feature.

I have mine plugged into a switched wall outlet.

Double check all connections, although I tend to agree with Freezin In Vermonts theory ................

Best of luck.

Mike