Cornwall - Attention to Detail Test

Frzninvt

There is something not quite right with this nice pair of older Cornwalls, it is not a bad thing but it will take a keen eye to spot it. See if you can figure out what it is, you need to look close and have a good knowledge of Cornwalls.

Good luck with your mission!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-Klipsch-Cornwall-Speakers-Excellent-HiFi_W0QQitemZ9702642381QQcategoryZ50597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Moderators

I don't know about Cornwall's but i didn't think the wires connected at the top of the speaker or the had risers,could be wrong on both,also looks like the mid driver is far from the bass driver ?

Nope, the speaker connectors are correct (height), the risers are ok (they were optional from the factory), and the woofer to midhorn spacing is normal.

The key is the fact that they were not purchased at the same time so something is different. Keep guessing!

Awesome Job Carl! You got it!

It takes a keen eye, I missed it the first time I looked at the auction. What puzzled me is most but not all Cornwall's pre-75 with the pie slice logo's had the horns oriented vertically but the main photo on these was horizontal. The closer I looked the other looked like a vertical and the key was in the description that states they were purchased at different times.

They could be split up for use as centers, kinda of funky to have one vertical and one standard Cornwall but I image that they would sound the same.

I immediately noticed that one was horizontal which suprised me for that vintage. Although the lighting was bad, the other does seem to be a vert due to the woofer placement. I wonder how they sound together. Very odd that someone would buy one of each. If it wasn't for the matching risers, I'd say one could have been placed on its side. Very odd indeed!

That Bradford guy (lady) must have been a fixture at the Klipsch plant back in the day. I have seen that signature more than anyone else's on Heritage speakers.

Almost all of the pairs of Heritage I've either seen or owned had that Bradford sig on them.