(3) ES600T extreme slope networks for sale...

sfogg

(3) ES600T crossovers.

These are the 600hz extreme slope crossovers that can be used by themselves as a two way crossover, how I ran them on a LaScala bass bin with Altec 511B/902s up top, or in conjunction with a seperate tweeter crossover to make a three way crossover. Built by Al. No longer needed since I'm tri-amping now with even steeper slopes.

Al's details on the crossovers here:

http://www.alkeng.com/es_lo.html

Asking $200 each or $500 for all three plus shipping.

Note: The 600hz crossover is not suitable for a K'Horn (bass bin can't go high enough) but is fine for a LaScala, Belle, Cornwall, Jubilee or CornScala.

Thanks,

Shawn

Colin,

"how does the tri-amping compare?"

It is hard to compare, the speakers are different. I was running the ES600T mostly with Altec 902-8Bs on 511B horns on the LaScala bass bins as two way.

For a little while I was running as two way with the 805B/288-8K using the ES600Ts but that was really more of a test of the 805B/288-8K combo in the mids to show how it coverage fit my room. As a two way it was too dark overall IMO.

When I moved to the tri-amping I also went to three ways by adding the JBL 2404H up top. Setting up the tri-amping took a lot of work and a long time to get it dialed in the way I wanted it to be. I detailed most of that in the forum elsewhere.

Part of that dialing in the system was applying a little EQ (GASP) to deal with some of the peaks in the speakers themselves. The EQ made a pretty big difference in the tone of the system. I also played around with crossover points and ended up with different XO points then I was using before.

As such a comparison between the two setup is really sort of apples to oranges. Different crossover points, different horns/drivers, two way vs. three way, EQ, time alignment...etc...etc.

Shawn

"that new horn looks intimidating. i like it."

This little old thing.......

tweeter2.jpg

"how did the 288's compared to the 902's?"

Doesn't have the same top end extension. They get up to 10k pretty well but then drop off (and peak again) from there.

At the other end them seem to have more 'body' to them.... though that may be from the horn too since its dispersion is somewhat different. Haven't tried the 902 on an 805B (with an adapter) or the 288 on a 511E to really see how much is the horn and how much is the driver. With as nice as the 805B/288 combo sounds I haven't really felt like fooling around with it.

" they seem to be quite expensive on ebay."

They tend to be... though going with the ceramic magnet versions is cheaper then the Alnico. Even more expensive when you buy a pair claimed to be in perfect condition that end up needing new diaphragms. (Grumble grumble...)

The pricing on them is getting pretty close to just buying brand new ones from Great Plains and avoiding the hassles.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the DC-1 back that I lent to Erik while I fixed his.

Before I put this one up on ebay I figured I'd offer it here first for

any that may be interested in trying a more advanced version of three

speakers up front or even full blown music in surround, or wanted a

great home theater processor. Also has built in crossovers and time

alignment for integrating a subwoofer into the system if desired.

The unit itself is a AC-3 model (Dolby Digital) with v2.1 software. Originally cost $4500. I have the box, manuals and remote.

The stock power supply in DC-1s have a somewhat common failure point. I

have modified the power supply to avoid that problem to increase

reliability.

The line stages (all 8 of them) in the unit will be upgraded to higher

performance opamps. When Erik was borrowing it it just had the L/R

channels updated but I will do the same thing for the rest of the

channels before shipping. I did this upgrade to all the channels in

Erik's DC-1 as part of repairing it for him.

The attached PDF is the Theory and Design booklet for the DC-1 and has a lot of very good information in it.

More info on the DC-1 can be found here....

http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/Lexicon/dc1/details.html

Asking $475 plus shipping. Interesting trades considered. Will be double boxed for safe shipping.

Thanks,

Shawn

DC-1_TheoryDesign_Rev0.pdf