any way to run a powered sub without a receiver?

FooF

i have a dvd player with analog stereo outputs, and one optical digital output. i have no receiver. i have klipsch promedia v2-400s... im going to buy a sony sa-wm40 powered sub (has speaker level inputs and line level inputs) . im not familiar with how this work , but i know you're supposed to hook the sub up the an LFE output on a receiver, or send the receivers amps through the speaker level inputs and let the sub crossover to the sats for you... the problem is i have no receiver.

i have two ideas to get around this, and im not sure either will work.

1. i could try and join the dual analog rca stereo plugs on my dvd player to a 1/8 in mini stereo jack (i already have these adapters, as i hooked up my klipsch promedias to my dvd player using this + a 1/8 stereo coupler), split that 1/8 jack with a y adapter, and send that signal into the line level input on the sony sub. problem is, im not sure the line level inputs are made to handle an analog signal... i know there's two jacks in the line level input area, both about the size of a 1/8 inch stereo jack. is one of these for an analog signal? if so, that solves my problem, as i can plug in the klipsch sub and satelites to the other half of the y adapter.

2. i could try and send the amps from the klipsch promedia sub into the speaker level inputs on the sony sub. then i would use the speaker level outputs to hook up the klipsch satellites. problem with this is i believe the amps from the klipsch promedia sub only send high frequency (because they're made to go directly to the satellites, not through another sub) so i think the sony sub would not get any of the low signal, and in turn sit there and act as an extension cord for the high level output of the promedia sub.

at this point, im hoping that one of the line level inputs ont he sub will accept a regular analog signal. im pretty sure the promedia sub only outputs high frequency for the sats, so the sony sub would not be able to filter out the low frequency.

if anyone has tried something similar or knows more about this type of shenanigan then please help me out Smile.gif im too poor right now to get a receiver, and i was hoping i could get a sub and actually be able to use it. if not, ill have to wait another couple of months until i have enough money to get a receiver and then subwoofer ;/

that was a very long post sheesh. hope it made sense