In the dog house again.

Doc Robin

Well I have done it again. I have been married to my wife for 26 years and I forgot her birthday again. I keep thinking it is the 16th but it is the 11th ( BIG MISTAKE ). I walked in the house and she has birthday cards set up from her family and friends. Boy did I feel like a dumba--. I will be taking her shopping this weekend so she can blow $ 500 and hope I get out so cheap.

Well I hope this public admission of how stupid I am help's to get me out of the dog house for a little while. Bill

I'm just as bad with remembering birthdays or any significant day for that matter. I can't recall the numerous times I've forgotten good friends birthday, or even my mom's or sister's. Then there are the times when I'll remember a birthday a week or 2 days prior to, but on the day off the thought will totally skip my mind. I must blame my genetics, my dad is just as bad ;)

I can't say I've EVER forgotten my wife's birthday. She'd never let me here the end of it if I did.

About 5 years ago we BOTH forgot our anniversay!. About 3 days later, I remembered first (thank God!) and we had a good laugh. Another year we bought each other the EXACT same card. Another good laugh.

Good luck on your shopping expedition. I have a feeling you'll need it!

First of all, you'll only be granted absolution from us by posting this transgression in the "Confess your dumass mistakes here" thread. [;)] [:)]

This reminded me of the wedding anniversary party I went to some years back. This guy throws a major surprise 20 year anniversary party for his wife. I mean, open bar, hiring "The Swinging Medallions" (which go for about $12K per night), renting out a huge ballroom, cups & napkins with 20th anniversary on them, banners, pictures from their wedding.....well, you get the picture - it was a full blown deal. So his wife shows up, everyone hollers "SURPRISE!", and she says........

"Wow Chris.....this is so wonderful. But today is our 19th anniversary!" LOL.....man, the look on that dude's face was priceless.

Tom

Bill,

Bummer. That is a tough one.

I forgot our anniversary one time, it was moving day and we were doing the U-Haul thing. (that's Yall-Haul in Arkansas) Thankfully she forgot it too.

Take her to dinner at Sir Loin's Inn or maybe a table overlooking the river at Cajun's Wharf.

I've seen a thing or two lately on e-mail reminder services. Don't know of any specific services to recommend, but that could be a winner for the future. Then you don't have to worry about it.

Best forgotten birthday story:

I had been admiring my neighbor's white Cadillac. I told her it was the most beautiful paint job I'd ever seen on a car. (It was one of those deep pearl type finishes).

She said, "Why thank you." "That was a $1500 option on that car." She went on to say that her husband and son had forgotten her birthday. Two days later they realized it and were terribly apologetic. She told them, "Don't worry about it, my birthday present will be delivered this afternoon." She had gone out and purchased the Cadillac while she was celebrating her birthday, by herself.

Shame, shame, shame....... My now wife and my son's birthdays are the 20 and 21st of Dec..... I do mix them up but they are so close 2 gether that I can fake it. My 1st wifes Bday was the last day of Nov..EZ enuf to recall. But her family had a habit of making a gift giving event out of every freaking holiday on earth. Easter gifts, 4th of July gifts, valentines (my big problem day), St Pat's day...it was always something. Crap you felt like an *** 7 out of 8 months cuz you forgot some stupid "special" day. Now it's not remembering the days I have problems with it's actually finding something worthwhile giving as a gift that's the real challenge. My now wife says that I can't give her anymore jewelry. That's just not fair!![:@]

I'm just as bad. I know my wifes is in may but I can never remember. I always look at her drivers license the first week of May. Pretty sad. As Jason was saying, my wife is a nurse and works weekends and I stay home with the kids. So I was motivated and did all the laundry, cleaned the sheets on all the beds and laid out 4 long stem roses on her bed with a note that said " you make me happy ". She gave the expected thank you and kiss. Nothing fancy. Everyday since then, one after another, neighbors, friends you name it have come up to me and said that was the nicest thing. She must have told everyone. So I guess flowers do work.

toodles