Architorture Part V: Damon Strikes Back

damonrpayne

I'll give the short version of my tale: my house failed final inspection for the second time, with a list of stuff so petty that no reasonable person could take it seriously. I stalked into city hall, shaking violently and faced down two city inspectors and an engineer. At some point I said "Listen, this stuff is so small that you obviously have some 'discreation' that you are choosing to deny me for some reason". They "lead" guy looked at me and thought it over and said "I can tell you're at your limit with all this stuff, and I'm not trying add more grief on top of it"; we worked it out such that he is going to stop by on Friday to make sure I installed a different type of handrail on my deck, and told the city planning office that he was verbally authorizing my occupancy and that we were just going to take care of the paperwork over the next couple of days. So, I'll be sleeping there tonight and scheduling movers as soon as they may be found.

And now, I can get on with my life.

First post...

from the new place. I will post pics after all our stuff is here on Friday.

HELL NO!!! We wanna see some photos showing all the moving chaos!! LOL........

Seriously though, I'm glad your ordeal has come to an end and here's wishing you & your family the best of times ahead and turning that house into a home.

Of course....not sure what all of us are gonna do for entertainment now that you'll no longer be posting "war stories". [;)] [:)]

Tom

• Moderators

First post...

from the new place. I will post pics after all our stuff is here on Friday.

HELL NO!!! We wanna see some photos showing all the moving chaos!! LOL........

Seriously though, I'm glad your ordeal has come to an end and here's wishing you & your family the best of times ahead and turning that house into a home.

Of course....not sure what all of us are gonna do for entertainment now that you'll no longer be posting "war stories". [;)] [:)]

Tom

Tom, as far as entertainment goes. Damon said something about "no curtains for awhile". If we get desperate for entertainment we could "drive by the new place". I am sure he and the lady of the house will be "experimenting" in each room of the house.

Seriously, Damon, congratulations. You deserve all the best, you have put up with a lot just to be able to "sleep" in your new home.

Good job, "grabbing the bull by the horns" with the inspectors.