Picky: (Dead-Wings Can't Get Past San Jose, La-La-La-.......)

M.E. 262

Do you know your way to San Jose, La-La-La-La, La-La, La- La.....................

The Dead-Wings won't get past San Jose, La-La -La.......La-La .....

In 2006 "The Cup" comes through San Jose, La-La-La-La-La.....

"The Cup" will runneth over in San Jose. La-La-La-La, La-La, La-La.........

Chorus: The Dead-Wing's Can't Get paste San Jose, La-La-La-La,..... La-La,........ La-La

It' that time of year for some trash talking!

FYI, link to my Nephew/GOD-Son's sophmore year stats: http://www.nhl.com/players/8470575.html

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

M.E.262: Pretty cocky for someone whose team has only 97 points and stands in 5th place conference-wise (tied for 9th place overall).

The REAL season begins next Friday. The rest was just a light work-out. [;)]

GO WINGS!

Glenn, I am going to be in Detroit for the AK Fest and I am seriously considering going to a game at ANY cost. I would love to see the wings play the AV's and spank the living cr&$ out of them. I have been to many Wings/AV's games in Denver and I have definatly been harrassed.

Glenn, I am going to be in Detroit for the AK Fest and I am seriously considering going to a game at ANY cost. I would love to see the wings play the AV's and spank the living cr&$ out of them. I have been to many Wings/AV's games in Denver and I have definatly been harrassed.

Patrick: I am a bit confused; you said you'd be out here for the "AK fest". Pardon my ignorance, but what's that? (sorry, man).

Joe's right: There ought to tickets for sale outside the arena. But, there are always a lot of under-cover cops out there now, too. You might try Ebay. Every Wings games during the season is sold out and this is especially true of the playoffs. There are usually standing-room tickets available as Joe also mentioned. Play-off tickets usually start around $300 (for the cheap seats) for the first round of the playoffs. By the time the finals get here, I've heard of people paying $7-grand a seat! This town is filled with hockey addicts! LOL

If you do come to town, I hope you will take me up on my invitation to stop by for a drink and to take a look at our set-up. I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

gonzp: OH YEAH! Craig (NOS Valves) told me about that event. I completely forgot about it. I might just go up there and check that out, too. It's really close to here.

Do you think there's any chance you'd like to stop by our place? How long will you be out here?

Picky,

I would sure enjoy seeing and chatting with you again. I would also enjoy seeing the HT and shop systems!!! As a huge Wings fan in Colorado country I am sure hoping to find a ticket to a playoff game. If I can't go, at least I will be in Hocky Town during playoff time. I am going with a pal of mine from Colorado that I met through the AK website and we are planning on going as far as Chicago on Thursday. We are hoping to get into Southfield mid morning on Friday. We plan on staying until Monday or Tuesday.

I saw the Wings play the Avs a few years back during the second round of the playoffs. Wings fans will surely remember the game when Nick Lidstrom got that double-minor for high-sticking that was the beginning of the end. (The Wings had won the previous two games in CO). Unfortunately, they lost the game and the series.

However, playoff hockey in Detroit is something every Wing-Nut needs to experience in person at least once. The view is better on television, but nothing beats the atmospere at the Joe. It seems like I've seen db meters on JoeVision-can't remember how loud it was, but the place was just rockin'! I've never heard fans get that loud during the regular season. Awesome!!! It's even better when your ticket is free!!! [:P]

M.E.262: Sorry to disappoint you, brother, but it looks like the Wings Vs. the Oilers in the first round. This morning's paper stated that Edmonton had been chosen. So, if San Jose (and the Wings) survive the first round, perhaps we'll be able to continue our little "trash-talk"? Edmonton has always been a tough team for the Wings so I hope they aren't outplayed. It's always tough being eliminated in the first round.

As for San Jose; I really do respect the Sharks. They've enjoyed a sudden, end-of-the-season surge as if to demonstrate that they deserve to take part in the play-offs. Heck, I respect any team who makes it this far. But, consistency is an asset, and if there is one thing the Wings have demonstrated they have all season, it's consistency!

So, good luck to all of the teams in the play-offs. May the best team win!

gonzp: You have a PM.

dkp: You have a PM.

Piranha: Thank's man. I'd mentioned Ebay, too, but the prices are always too rich for my blood. They usually finish out around $250-$300 by the time the bidding is over. One consolation: Even if gonzp and his pal can't score any tickets for themselves (I hope they can) they are welcome to watch the game here at our place. Free parking, the bar is within arm's reach, and the bathroom is 8 feet away! LIFE IS GOOD! [;)]